Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument - Discussion
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should India make efforts to harness solar energy to fulfil its energy requirements?
- Yes, Most of the energy sources used at present is exhaustible.
- No. Harnessing solar energy requires a lot of capital, which India lacks in.
That require huge capital to build solar cells initially.
Even if one considers solar energy to be relatively cheap, it is capital-intensive - the lack of capital is actually an issue for the devleopment of solar energy.
In such questions, mere opinion based arguments are not strong while in the case of 1st argument it is universally accepted fact.