Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument - Discussion
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should all the drugs patented and manufactured in Western countries be first tried out on sample basis before giving licence for sale to general public in India?
- Yes. Many such drugs require different doses and duration for Indian population and hence it is necessary.
- No. This is just not feasible and hence cannot be implemented.
Argument 2 could have been correct if it had been elaborated why it is not feasible.
Thus only Argument 1 is strong.
For argument 1 to make sense, there has to be that Indians are fundamentally different from other country people and unique so that they would react differently from any other nationality. While the health of the people must be a priority of the Indian government, that is not relevant argument that they have do test that other countries already did. Prove me that Indians are physically so different from others that these kinds of tests are necessary.
So, the Answre is A.
As statement 2 is also strong.
If it is not feasible. How can such statement be ignored?
You didn't get the sense of the question, it is not signifying that drugs be sold without license instead it is questioning the licensing procedure where by license would be given only after testing and studying, not liberally like at present.