Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument - Discussion
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should Indian scientists working abroad be called back to India?
- Yes. They must serve the motherland first and forget about discoveries, honours, facilities and all.
- No. We have enough talent; let them stay where they want.
I find the explanation offered helpful in understanding the 2nd option: that they are OK where they are doesn't address why it wouldn't be beneficial to have them return.
I will try to discuss the other confusing logic questions in comments too. The ones where newspapers report something or someone puts up a billboard are confusing (in the U.S. we have plenty of billboards that should not be respected). I mainly enjoyed the one where I got to think about whether there have to exist any vegetables in order to figure out whether some rain is vegetables.