Logical Reasoning - Course of Action - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two courses of action numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true and on the basis of the information given in the statement, decide which of the suggested courses of action logically follow(s) for pursuing.
- (A) If only I follows
- (B) If only II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statement: The Asian Development Bank has approved a $285 million loan to finance a project to construct coal ports by Paradip and Madras Port Trusts.
Courses of Action:
- India should use financial assistance from other international financial organisations to develop such ports in other places.
- India should not seek such financial assistance from the international financial agencies.
Remember the following tips for this type of reasoning question.
1. The statement is always correct.
2. Only use a practical solution and practical solutions must be relevant to the statement or minimize the problem.
3. Do not select answer based on morality or ethics, do not assume anything.
Option I say the country should take a loan from ADB to develop coal port. The statement does not talk about the financial status of the country. So, we will consider the country is strong enough to take the loan and the coal port is an asset to the country and will help in developing the infrastructure of the country and profit from these port will help the country repay the loan (anything when help in the development of a nation Follows).
Option (ii) is just opposite of option I. It is assuming the financial status and morally right (refer golden tips) and option ii is against the development of the country and anything that is against the benefit of the country does not follow.
Instead of taking entire amount as loan. Even the wealthy private companies of the country can take up this project. The answer is subject to multiple forces, I think.
Whether we are in debt trap or not?