Logical Reasoning - Course of Action - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two courses of action numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true and on the basis of the information given in the statement, decide which of the suggested courses of action logically follow(s) for pursuing.
- (A) If only I follows
- (B) If only II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statement: Youngsters are often found staring at obscene posters.
Courses of Action:
- Children should be punished and penalized if they are found doing so.
- Any display of such material should be banned.
1) Youngsters staring at obscene posters is to be avoided.
2) A ban would be effective at reducing this.
3) The above consideration outweighs any negative impacts of a ban.
4) There are no alternative methods of achieving the objectives of a ban, which have fewer negative impacts.