Are digital payments secure enough for the Indian economy to go cashless?

Group Discussion
Points to remember before you participate in this discussion:
  • Assume you are one of the members of a real group discussion.
  • Take the initiative to participate and contribute your thoughts.
  • Contribute your positive thoughts towards providing the solution.
  • Post your thoughts here.
2102 comments Page 1 of 211.

Niharika said:   2 months ago
We've all used currency notes and coins for generations. We are all completely familiar with cash transactions. All of a sudden to bring in a new form of financial transaction is not correct. It wasn't correct even during the lockdown. The digital transaction, digital currency, digital rupee, etc should not be made compulsory. If at all, it can be made optional but definitely not compulsory. Not everybody is digitally literate or inclined. Nobody should be forced to be digitally inclined or digitally literate.

Satendra Kushwaha said:   3 months ago
For literate people, digital payment is good, since it is flexible and easily transferable and within seconds amount reached to person's account but these days it is quite irritating as well some times amount gets deducted from the account due to certain reasons and that amount not reached to depositer account. My request is Centre government should look into this, they can talk to all degital payment application authorities to provide their customers care support number so that people can interact with customer one to directly instead of using customised options. Thank you.

ABhishek mishra said:   3 months ago
Yes, I think digital payment is one the relevant process of payment its always be a time and place flexible.

But we should also think about the others who don't have an idea about the digital payment.

Ananya said:   3 months ago
Yes, as our finance minister MRS Sita Raman said that India will have the centralize digital rupee which is now in pilot mode so digital payment become more secure due to this.

Kanchan soni said:   4 months ago
I agree with this when it comes to literate people who can easily use the digital system because it is good for Indian economic growth but when it comes to illiterate people then It might be risky because of the increasing percentage of cyber crimes nowadays. So I conclude, a cashless system is good for those who have knowledge about this.

Vikas said:   4 months ago
Yes, I Agree, the digital payment is secure because nowadays black money is more in India all are using digital payment. Black money will come out.

Mandar Mhetre said:   5 months ago
Yes, you are all right.

But as I experienced many small shops or vegetable, and fruit vendors especially from the village side they don't have any UPI facilities unlike us they don't even want to go totally cashless and sometimes it gets difficult to go totally cashless in India.

Biswa ranjan said:   6 months ago
Yes, of course. because digital payment makes quite a transparency in a digital way and makes a digital India.

Rutuja Sonawane said:   9 months ago
Yes, I agree that digital payments made our life easier, but only if we are digitally literate. We can see, that India's digital literacy rate is around 40%. What about the remaining 60% population? In my opinion, before adopting the cashless economy, we should focus more on the digital literacy rate of India.

A cashless economy will be only beneficial if the maximum population will be aware of the safety norms and can guard themselves against online frauds.

Devika R Singh said:   1 year ago
Hello everybody,

Irrespective of what we have to say, the reality is that digital payments in India have shot up 90% in the last two years, we have left China behind with respective to the number of digital transactions taking place in our country. We are expected to reach 1 trillion USD worth payments by 2026. All this has been made possible by increased awareness of general public through consistent governmental schemes, cheap internet connections along with easy access to mobile phones.

However, we have to keep in mind that we are dealing with 1. 3 billion people here and every good reform needs to come with certain precautions. Privacy concerns have become very prevalent these days along with numerous other Cyber crimes. It is important to educate masses about the various threats they might face and steps they have to take to in order to ensure they can safely utilise online mode of transactions.

Post your thoughts here:

Your comments will be displayed after verification.