Discussion :: General Science - Elements and Metals (Q.No.54)
Which metal pollute the air of a big city?
Answer: Option C
No answer description available for this question.
|Sriram said: (Nov 1, 2011)|
|Lead emission, a toxic danger.|
|Berhane Habtezghi said: (Jul 4, 2012)|
|Lead is the poisunos gas which is poluted in the capial city and also in a big towns.|
|Anushka Chauhan said: (Oct 6, 2012)|
|Lead is very toxic and produces poisonous gas on burning in present of oxygen which is harmful for our health and polluted our big cities.|
|Mehjabeen Karim said: (Dec 2, 2012)|
|Lead is a toxic element that cause pollution and cause breathlessness.|
|Anuvind Asok said: (Aug 4, 2013)|
|Even tiny amounts of lead leads to plumbism. It is also considered as a carcinogen. (brain tumor, cancer).|
|Jayesh Nj said: (Sep 24, 2013)|
|Lead is used in petrol. That's why big cities are polluting by air pollution.|
|Pavan said: (May 10, 2014)|
|Lead is lavish in polluting the ambient area of cities because it has heaviest particulate to react time and again quickly.|
|Apr said: (Jul 9, 2014)|
|Big City = Big Vehicles & Many Vehicles => More Petrol Consumption = More Lead = Pollution & Disease like.
1. Nervous and reproductive systems problems.
3. Can cause high blood pressure.
5. Lead accumulates in the bones, lead poisoning may be diagnosed from blue line around the gums.
6. Lead is especially harmful to the developing brains of foetuses and young children and to Pregnant women.
7. Lead interferes with the metabolism of calcium and Vitamin D.
8. High blood lead levels in children can cause consequences which may be irreversible including Learning disabilities, behavioural problems, and mental retardation.
9. Very high levels, lead can cause convulsions, coma and death.
[Lead is a metal with no known biological benefit to humans].
|Vishal Kumar said: (Feb 14, 2015)|
|In Automobile industries, poisonous gas containing mixture of lead compounds and hydrogen compounds pollute the city, and if inhaled, they can be lethal.|
|Kalyani said: (Jun 4, 2018)|
|Lead is a poisonous gas.|
|Debasis said: (Nov 22, 2019)|
|Due to the presence of tetra ethyl lead as an anti knocking agent present in petroleum product.|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.