Discussion :: Basic General Knowledge - Section 1 (Q.No.67)
- «« Basic General Knowledge - Section 1
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 2
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 3
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 4
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 5
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 6
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 7
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 8
- Basic General Knowledge - Section 9
- «« Basic General Knowledge - Section 10
Himalayan Mountaineering Institute is at
Answer: Option A
No answer description available for this question.
|Kalidass said: (Feb 22, 2011)|
|The Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (HMI) was established in Darjeeling, India on November 4, 1954 to encourage mountaineering as an organized sport in India. The first ascent of Mount Everest in 1953 by Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary sparked a keen interest in establishing mountaineering as a well-respected endeavour for people in the region. With the impetus provided by the first prime minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru, HMI was established in Darjeeling. Tenzing Norgay was the first director of field training for HMI.
HMI regularly conducts Adventure, Basic and Advanced Mountaineering courses. These are very comprehensive courses. They are also highly subsidised to encourage mountaineering as a sport.
|Ami said: (Oct 14, 2011)|
|Rohith said: (Aug 5, 2014)|
|Why is it situated here?|
|NETHESHA said: (May 20, 2016)|
|Can anyone say me who is the first mountaineer?|
|Nyasa said: (Jun 2, 2016)|
Edmund Hillary was the 1st mountaineer of the world where as Tenzing Norgay is the 1st mountaineer of the India.
|ROSHAN said: (Nov 12, 2016)|
|Tensing Norgay is from Nepal and he is SHERPA.|
|Guru said: (Feb 19, 2019)|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.