General Knowledge - Basic General Knowledge - Discussion


The term used when a member of a legislature leaves his party on whose ticket he was elected to join the ruling party or the opposition, is called

[A]. floor crossing
[B]. fourth estate
[C]. fifth column
[D]. free ports

Answer: Option A


No answer description available for this question.

Makhan Rori said: (Oct 18, 2015)  
For a question to be resolved in Parliament, a vote must be taken. Parliamentary parties usually vote as a team, with all party members voting the same way.

Crossing the floor occurs when a member of a parliamentary party walks across the chamber to vote against their party.

Makhan Rori said: (Oct 18, 2015)  
In politics, crossing the floor has two meanings referring to a change of allegiance in a Westminster system parliament: voting against the approved party lines or changing to a second party after being elected to a first party.

Post your comments here:

Name *:

Email   : (optional)

» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.