Discussion :: Computer Fundamentals - Section 1 (Q.No.8)
- «« Computer Fundamentals - Section 1
- Computer Fundamentals - Section 2
- Computer Fundamentals - Section 3
- Computer Fundamentals - Section 4
- Computer Fundamentals - Section 5
- Computer Fundamentals - Section 6
- Computer Fundamentals - Section 7
- Computer Fundamentals - Section 8
- Computer Fundamentals - Section 9
- «« Computer Fundamentals - Section 10
- «« Computer Fundamentals - Section 11
- «« Computer Fundamentals - Section 12
- «« Computer Fundamentals - Section 13
- «« Computer Fundamentals - Section 14
- «« Computer Fundamentals - Section 15
- «« Computer Fundamentals - Section 16
- «« Computer Fundamentals - Section 17
A section of code to which control is transferred when a processor is interrupted is known as
Answer: Option A
No answer description available for this question.
|Mmm said: (May 18, 2011)|
|What is the meaning of M ?|
|Neha said: (Jul 8, 2011)|
|Is it right?|
|Sai Krishna said: (Aug 4, 2011)|
|Whenever there is an interrupt to the sequential instruction execution then the processors loads its program counter with the starting location of a routine which contains code to execute the interrupt. This location where the part of code is stored is called interrupt service routine(ISR). The processor executes the ISR and returns to the next instruction of the main program.|
|Purwaahi Jain said: (Aug 7, 2011)|
|Its right, but Mr. Sai krishna what is the M here ? I didn't get.|
|Shameer said: (Aug 8, 2011)|
|Please give explanation to this question?|
|Sandeep said: (Sep 15, 2011)|
|M means Memory. Its points to memory location.|
|Vani said: (Sep 20, 2011)|
|What is the meaning of SVC?|
|Logha.K said: (Dec 4, 2011)|
|I don't understand this question and short form also?
What is SVC, IP, etc. ?
|Afreen said: (Jan 12, 2012)|
|IP is internet protocol.|
|Rathika.B said: (Jan 15, 2012)|
SVC means "Supervisor Call". it executes the interrupt routine while the memory is in execution. This SVS is related to "assembler".
|Gajalakshmi said: (Jan 31, 2012)|
|M means memory.|
|Palakoti said: (Feb 4, 2012)|
|IP here is not Internet Protocol. It is Instruction Pointer(IP).|
|Rickyknowyou said: (Feb 4, 2012)|
|Steps on executing interrupt:.
1) The current instruction is finished and next instruction address is saved in the PC i.e. program counter.
2) then it goes to the MEMORY (M) where the ISR (interrupt service routine) is there and execute the interrupt from it.
|Gill said: (Feb 14, 2012)|
|M is a memory pointer.|
|Farhat said: (Apr 26, 2012)|
|Here it is IP means instruction pointer.|
|Tijo said: (Jul 17, 2012)|
|MDR - Memory data register (register of a computers control unit that contains data to be stored in computer storage).|
|Kannan Mca said: (Aug 19, 2012)|
|M is a memory pointer|
|Avinash Maurya said: (Nov 11, 2012)|
|M is Memory Alocation.
IP means instruction pointer.
M is right.
|Mahi said: (Dec 24, 2012)|
|M is correct answer.
M means memory where actually ISR present.
|Sarmistha said: (Jan 3, 2013)|
|M is memory location.
SVC is software storage virtualization.
IP is instruction pointer.
MDR is memory data register.
So M is the right answer.
|Shilpy said: (Apr 12, 2013)|
|What meaning of M?|
|M.Thulasi said: (May 5, 2013)|
|M is correct that is memory location.|
|Nisha said: (Jun 3, 2013)|
|M is Memory location / M is a memory pointer?|
|Pravin07 said: (Feb 4, 2014)|
|What is MDR?|
|Teena said: (Feb 20, 2014)|
|What is svc?|
|Awii Khan said: (Feb 23, 2014)|
|Each device has a wire (interrupt line) that it can use to signal the processor.|
|Durga said: (Apr 12, 2014)|
|System always controlled by memory so M is right answer.|
|Ankita said: (Jun 24, 2014)|
|What kind of control is transferred to section of code, which is the code (i.e. Why code is used) & explain interruption of code?|
|Bagh Hussain said: (Jul 1, 2014)|
|What is the difference between floppy disk and hard disk?|
|Nippa said: (Jul 29, 2014)|
|Why M is the answer I can't understand?|
|Shahi said: (Jul 29, 2014)|
|IP means instruction pointer.|
|Dipti said: (Aug 7, 2014)|
|SVC means switched virtual connection.|
|Reena said: (Sep 14, 2014)|
|I don't know the meaning of SVC/ Please explain it! I'm confusing.|
|Juma William said: (Oct 7, 2014)|
|In technology, SVC can mean support vector classifier which is an application of support vector machines for classification.
It can also mean switched virtual circuit which is a type of virtual connection.
Or can mean still video camera which is commonly called digital still camera (DSC).
|Isse Afrah said: (Nov 10, 2014)|
|You don't have to use shortcut words we are in exam please write full word. Best exam ever thanks.|
|Becky said: (Nov 29, 2014)|
|What is an assembler, a processor and a register?|
|Priyanka said: (Mar 26, 2015)|
|Please explain these terms M, IP, SVC & MDR?|
|Sukh said: (Apr 2, 2015)|
|M that is machine language.|
|Vsiva said: (Jun 8, 2015)|
|M is a Memory and Ip means instruction point and SVC I don't know than sure answer and Mdr Memory data register.|
|V.Viswanath said: (Jun 8, 2015)|
|Anyone could you explain me about SVC?|
|Chary said: (Jun 29, 2015)|
|SVC means Support Vector Classifier.|
|Arun said: (Oct 6, 2015)|
|Why they didn't right memory in place of M?|
|Zackson said: (Nov 16, 2015)|
|Why memory is written in M?|
|Ram said: (Nov 20, 2015)|
SVC: Software Storage Vitalization.
IP: Instruction Pointer.
MDR: Memory Data Register.
|Saquib said: (Feb 4, 2016)|
|A section of code means transfer of signals through line and if processor is engaged then it is stored in MEMORY for short period.|
|Sri said: (Feb 18, 2016)|
|What is M please reply?|
|Rbk said: (Jun 28, 2016)|
|Jaydeep Mehta said: (Oct 30, 2016)|
|I think ram is right here.|
|Aadhil said: (Dec 4, 2016)|
|All the sections reside in memory. So, saying that 'M' means memory (which is the right answer) is illogical. I guess admins should change the answer to 'ISR', which is currently not in option.|
|Sathvik Reddy said: (Dec 20, 2016)|
|I didn't get what is M here and how it is the correct answer to this question?|
|Duggu said: (Feb 8, 2017)|
|M is the memory.|
|Jyothilakshmi said: (Feb 13, 2017)|
|Svc is supervisor call. The os may be activated a supervisor call from the program being executed. Then place the user process in blocked state.|
|Jyothilakshmi said: (Feb 13, 2017)|
|When an interrupt occurred the control is first transferred to an interrupt handler.|
|Shewangizaw Bogale said: (Feb 19, 2017)|
|M : Memory location / memory pointer,
SVC : Supervisor Call,
IP : Instruction pointer,
MDR: Memory data register.
|Sakib Khan said: (Mar 4, 2017)|
ISR. (interrupt service routine) is the interrupt handler which is the right answer and is not present so the answer is none of these.
|Hashish Jain said: (Jul 18, 2017)|
|Please give me the accurate meaning of M.|
|Prashant said: (Aug 22, 2017)|
|M is the memory.|
|Gautam Gahlot said: (Feb 2, 2018)|
|M is the memory.|
|Monisha said: (Mar 1, 2018)|
|Anyone, can please clear my doubt What is SVC?
Some guys discussed various explanation about SVC which one is correct? I confused.
1- software storage virtualization.
3-Switched virtual connection.
4-Support vector classifier.
|Dena Rani Ninan said: (Mar 19, 2018)|
|What is the meaning of "M"?|
|Saisindhusha said: (Jun 13, 2018)|
|Can you give the correct answer about the full form of SVC?|
|Jagannath said: (Oct 6, 2018)|
|SVC : Supervisor Call.|
|Sinu Hassan said: (Jan 6, 2019)|
|Definition of SVC.
1) (Switched Virtual Circuit) A network connection that is established at the time the transmission is required and disconnected when the session is completed. SVCs are normally implemented in connection-oriented systems such as the analog telephone network and ATM networks. Contrast with PVC.
2) (Scalable Video Coding) An extension to the Advanced Video Coding (AVC) standard to accommodate rendering devices with different processing capabilities and/or degraded transmission paths. SVC allows low-resolution formats to travel as subsets alongside the high-resolution video. The subsets may eliminate frames or contain reduced frame sizes or both. Rather than display high-resolution video poorly, SVC enables lesser-quality video to flow smoothly on low-bandwidth devices and channels.
3) (SuperVisor Call) A mainframe instruction that passes control to the operating system.
|Lahari said: (Jul 27, 2019)|
|What is meant by M?|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.