Civil Engineering - Water Supply Engineering - Discussion

4. 

The standard B.O.D. at 20&Deg;C, is taken for the consumption in

[A]. one day
[B]. 2 days
[C]. 3 days
[D]. 4 days
[E]. 5 days.

Answer: Option E

Explanation:

No answer description available for this question.

Subha Annadurai said: (Nov 27, 2017)  
Give the Explanation.

Jadeja Prahladsinh said: (Feb 12, 2018)  
Can anyone explain this question?

Jawairia Ghani said: (Oct 2, 2018)  
The BOD value is most commonly expressed in milligrams of oxygen consumed per litre of the sample during 5 days of incubation at 20°C.

Salman said: (Oct 7, 2018)  
Because within 5 days 70-80% of food is consumed by bacteria, which is it's favorite food. To consume remaining 20%, it takes 50 to 60 days just to survive as it's not the favorite food for bacteria. So we can't wait for so long. So we compromise with 70% consumption within 5 days.

Aadarsh Devkate said: (Jan 24, 2019)  
Bod 5 days = 20°.
Bod 3 days = 27°.

Kebede said: (Aug 21, 2019)  
Thanks @Salman.

Post your comments here:

Name *:

Email   : (optional)

» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.