Discussion :: Building Materials - Section 3 (Q.No.11)
|Nitya said: (Jun 22, 2017)|
|Option C is wrong according to G Das pg.no.180.|
|Kana said: (Jun 26, 2017)|
|Yeah C is wrong. Pozzalana has high shrink than OPC.|
|Fakaruddin Khan said: (Feb 27, 2018)|
|Pozzolana reduce bleeding but increase shirnkage.|
|Rabindra said: (Apr 10, 2018)|
|* Portland Pozzolona cement contain 20-30% of pozzolanic materials.
* Pozzolana is non-cementitious material themselves but they react with calcium hydroxide in presence of water at ordinary temperature and form compound that posses cementitious property.
* Pozzolana cement is produced either by grinding together portland cement clinker and pozzolana or by intimately or uniformly bleeding portland cement with pozzolana.
* Higher resistance to chemical attack.
* lower heat of hydration.
* lower shrinkage on drying.
* Water Tightness.
* It has the higher ultimate strength.
* As compared to OPC it attains strength slowly.
* it needs a framework to be kept for longer periods.
|Hayat said: (Sep 8, 2019)|
|Excellent, thanks @Rabindra.|
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.