Civil Engineering - Building Materials - Discussion


The rocks which are formed due to cooling of magma at a relatively shallow depth from the earth's surface are called

[A]. Plutonic rocks
[B]. Hypabyssal rocks
[C]. Volcanic rocks
[D]. Ignoeous rocks.

Answer: Option B


No answer description available for this question.

Shubham said: (Mar 25, 2017)  
Plutonic rock is correct.

Kunal said: (Apr 1, 2017)  
Yes, Plutonic rocks is correct.

Adnan Guru said: (Apr 30, 2017)  
A subvolcanic rock, also known as a hypabyssal rock, is an intrusive igneous rock that is emplaced at medium to shallow depths within the crust, and has intermediate grain size and often porphyritic texture between that of volcanic and plutonic rocks.

Sachin Gowda said: (May 3, 2017)  
Yes, A is correct. I agree.

Deepakra said: (Aug 5, 2017)  
On the surface -- VOLCANIC.
At a Shallow depth -- HYPABYSSAL.

Madhavan J said: (Nov 2, 2017)  
Are you sure @Deepakra?

Bhargava said: (Jan 4, 2018)  
You are right @Deepakra.

Biswadut said: (Jan 11, 2018)  
Yes, at shallow depth (>2km) it's hypabyssal rock. And at greater depth it's plutonic rock.

Shivam Suhane said: (Mar 12, 2018)  
Yes, the given answer is right.

Jyotsna said: (Apr 21, 2018)  
Extrusive igneous rocks, also known as volcanic rocks, are formed at the crust's surface as a result of the partial melting of rocks within the mantle and crust. Extrusive igneous rocks cool and solidify quicker than intrusive igneous rocks. They are formed by the cooling of molten magma on the earth's surface.

Tanveer said: (Jun 21, 2018)  
Agree @Deepkara.

Sonu Kumar said: (Nov 16, 2018)  
I think plutonic rock is the correct answer.

Dhananjay said: (Mar 4, 2019)  
Agreed @Deepakra.

Manisivan said: (Sep 13, 2019)  
Cooling of magma = plutonic rock.

Pouring of magma = volcanic rock.

Post your comments here:

Name *:

Email   : (optional)

» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.