Chemical Engineering - Nuclear Power Engineering - Discussion


Which of the following may be used to measure the rate of nuclear disintegration?

[A]. Geiger-Muller Counter
[B]. Cyclotron
[C]. Cold chamber
[D]. Mass spectrograph

Answer: Option A


No answer description available for this question.

Thiru said: (Apr 24, 2017)  
TheGeiger-Muller tube is filled with an inert gas such as helium, neon, or argon at low pressure, to which a high voltage is applied. The tube briefly conducts electrical charge when a particle or photon of incident radiation makes the gas conductive by ionisation.

Post your comments here:

Name *:

Email   : (optional)

» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.