Discussion :: Problems on Trains - Data Sufficiency 1 (Q.No.2)
Each of the questions given below consists of a statement and / or a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statement(s) is / are sufficient to answer the given question. Read the both statements and
- Give answer (A) if the data in Statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
- Give answer (B) if the data in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in Statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
- Give answer (C) if the data either in Statement I or in Statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
- Give answer (D) if the data even in both Statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
- Give answer(E) if the data in both Statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
|Aditi said: (Nov 30, 2010)|
|what is 5/18 in (u+v)?|
|Kapil said: (Dec 16, 2010)|
|Relative speed,u+v = 150 km/hr
we multiply it with 5/18 to convert it into m/sec
|Sanjay said: (Jun 17, 2012)|
1 kilo is 1000.
1hour is 60s*60m=3600s.
1000/3600 = 5/18.
If you multiply 5/18 to that value you can convert it in to m/s.
|Rakhee said: (May 16, 2016)|
|How 9 comes? I am not getting this please help me.|
|Mukesh said: (Aug 9, 2016)|
|Time is taken to cross each other 9 seconds given in the question. So we can put the value in that place in the formula.|
|Muhammad Safad said: (Oct 1, 2016)|
|What mentioned u and v?|
|Soni said: (Nov 8, 2016)|
|I am not getting this answer. Please explain it.|
|Dilhara said: (Feb 19, 2017)|
|What is u+v?
Please explain it.
|Ramshya Fathima said: (May 16, 2017)|
|How we take b=180?
I don't understand please explain anyone to know the answer.
|Saumya said: (Aug 13, 2017)|
|Relative speed means U-V but it is considering u+v.
So, the given answer is wrong.
|Nur Alom said: (Aug 25, 2017)|
|The relative speed for opposite direction is u+v not u-v.|
|Naeem said: (Sep 19, 2017)|
u+v relative speed in case of opp. direction.
@Ramshya_Fathima b=180 is given in data. Check it.
|Sony Sharda said: (Mar 3, 2018)|
|How we take b=180?|
|Deepanshu said: (Jun 4, 2018)|
B is the length of another train which is given in the question=180m.
|Jagannath said: (Sep 5, 2018)|
|Length of the train = speed* time.|
|Shweta said: (Jan 23, 2019)|
|How come 125/3? Please explain.|
|Sunitha said: (Mar 6, 2019)|
When you multiply 150*5/18 then you will get 125/3.
Post your comments here:
Email : (optional)
» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.