1. There are 150 weights .Some are 1 kg weights and some are 2 kg weights. The sum of the weights is 260.
What is the number of 1kg weights?
2. A is driving on a highway when the police fines him for over speeding and exceeding the limit by 10 km/hr. At the same time B is fined for over speeding by twice the amount by which A exceeded the limit. If he was driving at 35 km/hr what is the speed limit for the road?
Ans. 15 kmph
3. A moves 3 kms east from his starting point . He then travels 5 kms north. From that point he moves 8 kms to the east. How far is A from his starting point?
Ans. 13 kms
4. A car travels 12 kms with a 4/5th filled tank. How far will the car travel with 1/3 filled tank?
Ans. 5 kms
5. The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?
6. The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?
7. Fathers age is 5 times his son's age. 4 years back the father was 9 times older than son. Find the fathers' present age.
Ans. 40 years
8. What number should be added to or subtracted from each term of the ratio17 : 24 so that it becomes equal to 1 : 2 ?
Ans. 10 should be subtracted
9. What is the 12th term of the series 2, 5, 8, .
10. If 20 men take 15 days to to complete a job, in how many days can 25 men finish that work?
Ans. 12 days
11. In a fraction, if 1 is added to both the numerator at the denominator, the fraction becomes 1/2. If numerator is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the fraction.
12. If Rs.1260 is divided between between A, B and C in the ratio 2:3:4, what is C's share?
Ans. Rs. 560
13. A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What is his profit percentage?
14. What percent of 60 is 12?
15. Hansie made the following amounts in seven games of cricket in India: Rs.10, Rs.15, Rs.21, Rs.12, Rs.18, Rs.19 and Rs.17(all figures in crores of course).Find his average earnings.
Ans. Rs.16 crore
16. If two pencils cost 8 cents, then how much do 5 pencils cost?
Ans. 20 cents
17. Some work is done by two people in 24 minutes. One of them can do this work alone in 40 minutes. How much time does the second person take to do the same work ?
Ans. 60 minutes
18. A car is filled with four and half gallons of fuel for a round trip.If the amount of fuel taken while going is 1/4 more than the amount taken for coming, what is the amount of fuel consumed while coming back?
19. The lowest temperature in the night in a city A is 1/3 more than 1/2 the highest during the day. Sum of the lowest temperature and the highest temperature is 100 degrees. Then what is the low temp?
20. Javagal, who decided to go to weekened trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day. The average speed of forward journey is 40 miles/hr.Due to traffic on sundays, the return journey's average speed is 30 m/h. How far he can select a picnic spot?
Ans. 120 miles
21. A salesperson by mistake multiplied a number and got the answer as 3, instead of dividing the number by 3.What is the answer he should have actually got?
22. A building with height D shadow upto G. What is the height of a neighbouring building with a shadow of C feet.
23. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph. Another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the second person was travelling at a speed of 35 mph, find the speed limit.
Ans. 15 mph
24 A bus started from bus stand at 8.00am, and after staying for 30 minutes at a destination, it returned back to the bus stand. The destination is 27 miles from the bus stand. The speed of the bus is 18mph. During the return journey bus travels with 50% faster speed. At what time does it return to the bus stand?
25. In a mixture, R is 2 parts and S is 1 part. In order to make S to 25% of the mixture, how much of R is to be added?
Ans. One part of R
26. Wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for travelling 80 miles how much time does it require?
Ans. 2 hrs 45 mins
27. With a 4/5 full tank a vehicle can travel 12 miles, how far can it travel with a 1/3 full tank
Ans. 5 miles
28. There are two trees in a lawn. One grows at a rate 3/5 of the other in 4 years. If the total growth of trees is 8 ft. What is the height of the smaller tree after 2 years
Ans. 1 1/2 feet
29. Refer to the figure below. A ship started from P and moves at a speed of I miles per hour and another ship starts from L and moving with H miles per hour simultaneously .Where do the two ships meet?
PG H I J K L are the various stops in between denoted by || . The values g, h, i, j, k, l denote the distance between the ports.
Ans. Between I and J, closer to J
30. If A is travelling at 72 km per hour on a highway. B is travelling at a speed of 25 meters per second on a highway. What is the difference in their speeds in m/sec.
Ans. 1 m/sec
31. If the word 'ddosszm' is changed to 'central' then what will be the change for 'rtjbl' ?
32. The word unimpressive was given.they asked us to do change 1st & 2nd,3rd & 4th,so on.then they asked what will be 10th letter from right?
33. The ques on a man,a woman and a boy finish work together in 6 days.man takes 10 days,woman takes 24 days then how much boy will take?
34. If DDMUQZM is coded as CENTRAL then RBDJK can be coded as """
35. In the word ECONOMETRICS, if the first and second , third and forth ,forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
Ans. word is CENOMOTEIRSC tenth word is R
36.Find the physical quantity in units from the equation: (Force*Distance)/(Velocity*Velocity)
37. Find the value of @@+25-++@16, where @ denotes "squareŁ and + denotes "square rootŁ.
38. If f(0)=1 and f(n)= f(n-1)*n, find the value of f(4).