Important PLEASE NOTE: Quant questions are totally changed this time. I had NOT got even a single quant question from old papers…
1st Section: 10 Synonyms, 10 Antonyms, 1 passage wit 6 Questions, another passage with 6 blanks wer you need 2 fill sentences.. (total 32 marx..20 mins)
2nd Section: Quants (32 Qs..40 mins)
3rd Section: 3 critical reasoning probs with 4 Qs each.. (12 marx. 20 mins)
* you CANNOT switch b/w sections.
* you CAN switch b/w Qs in a single section.
So.. to begin with… let me give you all some tips….
* READ synonyms n antonyms ONLY if you’ve enough time…otherwise do not bother (coz if you read those in a hurry, There is no way u’ll remember them).. jus get the feel of that word… try breaking it into prefix-root-suffix… see if you can get it…if you still don’t get it MARK “C” as answer…
* DO NOT spend too much time thinking about synonyms n antonyms yo wont get enuf time for passage,..
* The s/w they use 4 d test is quite bad... it flickers every minute.. so reading the passage might be irritating.. just read the Questions first n then try searchin for KEYWORD in the passage, read the sentences before n after it…
* DO NOT depend on old papers for quants..
* Please prepare bit by bit everyday for verbal… all passages at a time will be heavy n you cant remember.. its necessary that you remember some critical reasoning Questions or even answers to them if possible… coz there are chances of going wrong though there w’ll be enough time for this section.. (download GRE BARRON’s 12th edtn n get all passages n critical reasoning Questions printed)
Model test 1 : Section 5 and 6, from page 442-448
Model test 2 : Section 1 and 6, page 473-476 and 495-498
Model test 3 : Section 5 and 6, page 540-547
Model test 4 : Section 5 and 6, page 590-595
Model test 5 : Section 3, page 628-631 and Section 7, page 644-646
* Better prepare quants from RS Agarwal… ( speed, age, time n work, percentages, profit n loss, SI, CI, averages…) there were a lot of data sufficiency Qestions… my friends had got lot of percentage problems.
* If starting Question seem tough, start from the last Question… I had got the same venn diagram n bar graph in the end… answered them in no time.. so was a bit relieved (coz I had done ONLY old year papers) you might’ve familiar Questions.. but tats all was what I got from old papers..
* you are THRU if you get the psychometric test next.. even if you don’t get, don’t worry.. they’ll set a lower cut off anyway…
* Tech interview was simple… jus 20 mins …asked me to draw waterfall model n explain…. bubble sort tracing…. program to reverse a string… 3NF definition, example …difference b/w unique key n primary key.. n a puzzle 4 which I crafted my own answer which I think impressed him… what they see is NOT WHAT you KNOW BUT ITS HOW you TELL WHAT you KNOW N HOW you TELL THAT you DON’T KNOW…
* Next was MR… I loved tis round… I was given some scenarios n was asked my response for such situations..some scenarios r..
What will you do if you are ignored by your seniors in the company?
What will you do if you are favored?
What will you do if som1 get too casual wit you?
What will you do if v say whatever u’ve learnt is a waste you must learn from the scratch!!
JUST SAY what you feel… frankness adds…
* Apart from scenarios, I was asked “why Information Science?” (my branch) .. about the latest development in IT field… n asked if I perceive TCS as a global or Indian company?
N also if I’m comfortable with any accent of English!!? (I dono wat made him ask this!!) then he asked me if I’d any Questions..
Better to have Questions for the interviewer.. but DO NOT ask about the salary n stuff…
* Then had HR… here I was asked about my sudden decrease in percentage after 10th!! N my hobbies…my achievements…”WHY TCS?”…n about the bond.. then asked me if I’d any Questions.. you can ask the same Question here ;)
* Go thru TCS website.. know their vision, mission, present n former CEO…chairman, vice chairman…their clients n the latest thing that they are into…
THE important step is 1st round… if you clear the 1st round, no need to worry abt the next if you’ve brushed your core (C, C++, DBMS for CS, IS) basics…even if you are wrong, they will take you if you are CONFIDENT thatyou are right!! Hehe..but
NOTE : never argue with d interviewer.. n DO NOT GIGGLE even if they do…
they mit tease you a bit wit d hobbies or competencies mentioned in your resume but you be casual..DO NOT argue or laugh along with them…
DO NOT be or sound over confident…these may seem silly but v.important.. from my experience…
So finally.. I think I’v spoken almost everything here J… I wanna add that INDIVIDUAL RESULTS may vary!! Everything said above could be agreeable by a person who finds it difficult to mug-up, believes in hard-work, n takes good advices.. in short those who are like ME!! hehe
Oh.. I finished telling everthing in tips only.. never mind hope it heled you…