I am Anuj Gupta EC (3rd year). There has been written test on 19th Jan 2008 in Galgotia campus for TCS. Those who cleared it appear in interview on next day.
- prepare ur resume with utmost care
- dress well (IF POSSIBLE BE IN COMPLETE FORMAL)
- be VERY HONEST while writing resume (dont BOAST)
- be HONEST during interviews (dont try to BLUFF with them)
- always GREET them while entering room
- Keep smiling
- Be Confident and have good communication skill
- be prepare for ANY CONDITION
- dont look confused
- be relaxed
I. TECHNICAL INTERVIEW: (each pannel consists of two interviewers)
- tell me about urself
- sir my name is...., THEY INTERRUPTED ME AND ASK SOMETHING NOT WRITTEN IN RESUME then i told my strengths
- what r ur hobbies
- sir my hobbies r playing carom, playing cards and chatting with friends
- chatting with friends--so u have girlfriends for chatting?
- no sir i have no girlfriends (he is just trying to make atmosphere cool!!!!)
- kabhi aisa hua hai ki kisi ladke ne tumhe ladki banke fool banaya ho (he was just kidding)
- no sir
- are u interested in solving puzzles
- no sir these are not my hobbies but i try to solve them whenever needed
- THEN THEY ASK ME MANY PUZZLES in which i solve some of them and for rest i try my level best
- have u prepared for entrance exam
- yes sir i have prepared for entrance
- THEN THEY ASK ME MANY QUESTIONS ON PHYSICS (I guess they are checking our approach to problem)
- do u know C
- yes sir i know C but not confident in linked list
- THEY ASK ME SOME QUESTIONS ON C (mainly programs)
- do u study data structure as part of ur course
- yes sir it was in my 4th sem
- THEY ASK ME ABOUT SORTING (bubble sort, quick sort)
- what r ur favourite subjects
- solid state devices & circuits, electromagnetic field theory, microprocessor
- tell me some circuits u have studied in electronics
- I explained OTA
- THEN THEY ASK ME ABOUT OTA
- draw the pin diagram of 8086 microprocessor
- sir i dont know the exact pin configuration of 8086
- ok then tell how many pins r there and what r there functions
- i try to explain
- ok Anuj, what is ur career goal
- sir i want to be a part of software organisation
- u dont know much about programming languages then still hope to enter software field??
- at this question i give a smile to both the interviewrs (i know i cant answer this question!!)
- do u have any question
- no sir i dont have any question
- no question!! ok anuj, u may go now
- Thanku sir
Well friends, these were the questions asked to me.
apart from these questions, some of important questions asked to my classmates (EC) are:
- C programs:- prime no, swapping of two nos (without using third no)
[LOGIC a=a+b; b=a-b; a=a-b; ], fibonacci series, factorial, generation of a particular pattern [e.g.
o o o o o
o o o o
o o o
o ], bubble sort, multiplication of two matrices etc.
- some important definitions:- array, data structure, transistor etc.
- PLEASE EC students prepare the fundamentals of electronics atleast e.g. diode, transistor, four terminal devices, forbidden energy gap etc.
- MICROPROCESSOR: pin configuration of 8085, 8086;flags in 8085,8086;registers in 8085,8086;RISC(reduced instruction set computer), CISC(complex instruction set computer) etc,
- even some of my friends were asked about C++ (they mentioned it in their resume)
- some were asked mathematics (FOURIER SERIES, its application etc.)
- and some were put ques on antennas, communication.
So apart from ur knowledge and practice, another more important factor is ur LUCK (so pray to GOD for this!!!!) IF U GO THROUGH TECHNICAL U R MORE LIKELY TO GET SELECTED IN TCS
II. MR INTERVIEW:
In this, u will be asked those questions u were unable to answer in ur tech.
so dont be afraid be honest. they basically trying to judge ur honesty & confidence.
DONT TRY TO BE OVERSMART u cant be more intelligent than them
have calm & PATIENCE.
III. HR INTERVIEW:
In this round u will get the same questions as have been asked till now e.g.
- tell me abt urself
- ur family background
- who is the chairman of TCS
- who is CEO of TCS
- position of TCS
- why only TCS?
- what qualities u have which others dont have??
- why TCS should hire u?
- do u have problem signing bond with us?
- can u eat idli sambhar instead of chappatis
- would u like to ask any question?
- sir i like to know about training session and how my job profile will be decided?
- BE ATTENTIVE, LISTEN TO THEM CAREFULLY,DONT INTERRUPT THEM MEANWHILE
For all these questions go through the web site of tcs and also the PPT they will show u.
- they r judging ur confidence, fluency, communication skill
- Have patience and be calm and composed
- show ur positive attitude
- they r also checking ur creativity, innovation
- have good body language
- good eye contact
gud luck friends
meet u in TCS!!!!!