THIS WAS MY WHOLE EXPERIENCE OF TCS PLACEMENT, I HOPE YOU WILL BE BENEFITTED FROM IT.
i didnt study this part, but marked it all in C. the passage and fill in the blanks were fron Baron'r passages.
1. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
2. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube
Ans. 6, 12, 8
3. Find the result of the following expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M(373,9)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8)
4. G(0)=1, G(1)=-1, G(N)=G(N-1) - G(N-2), G(6)= ?
5. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 5/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.6/- per meter. Find the total of laying the cable.
6.. In Madras , temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm.
7. A 2D array is declared as A[9,7] and each element requires 2 byte. If A[ 1,1 ] is stored in 3000. Find the memory of A[8,5] ?
8. (Momentum*Velocity)/(force * distance ) find units.
9. Match the following:
1. Male - Boy ---> a. A type of
2. Square - Polygon ---> b. A part of
3. Roof - Building ---> c. Not a type of
4. Mushroom - Vegetables ---> d. A superset of
10. Which of the following highest Standard deviation
a.5,0,5,0,5,0 b) 5,5,5,5,5,5 c) 5,5,5,5,0,5 d) -5, 5, -5, 5,-5, 5
11. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs a) 5i+3j=7 b) i=-jc) 2i-j=3 d) 3i=5j+6
1.a&d 2.a&c 3.c&d 4.b&d
12. My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N40E and landed 8 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N40W. What is the local time when my plane landed?
13. 2 student get 3 and 3.5 in their class exam And 1.4 and 1.65 in final exam respectively. What might be the class marks of 3rd student who have got 0 marks in final exam? (not exactly same values)
14. Odd one out:
a. Linux b.windows NT c. SQL server d. Unix
15. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph. Another person as also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph. Find the speed limit .ans: 15 mph
16. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and forth, forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
17.the graph of tan x was given.
18. If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as?
19. 43. If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%.What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.
20. A, B and C are 8 bit no's. They are as follows:
A -> 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1
B -> 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0
C -> 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1
Find ((A-B) u C)=?
21. A finishes the work in 10 days & B in 8 days individually. If A works for only 6 days then how many days should B work to complete A's work?
22. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?
23. (a) 2+3i (b)1+i (c) 3-2i (d) 1-7i .Find which of the above is orthogonal.
24. (466)decimal= what is the number in base 7?
25. which one is the power of 4= (ans.4096)
study all from baron's 12th edition.all 3 were common.
1.all G's are H's.all J and K are G....
2.2 military persons,1speaker,and 2 leafletters are needed.
3.alice can work on monday,wed and fri.betty can work only except wed...
first introduce yourself.
how much do you rate yourself in a scale of 5 (for C).
write a string reverse program using pointers.
what is the difference between array and linked list.
what are the features of OOP?explain
which is the best search algo,and best sort algo.
what is multi-tasking,and multi-threading?
what is thread?
what is deadlock?how is it prevented?
what is dinning phliosophers problem?
HOw can you prevent it?
They were very friendly.
they asked as i am the only child can i go out?
why you want to join TCS?
why not Infosys?isnt Infosys your dream company?
after marriage can i go abroad if my inlaws dont allow and so on?
at last they said you seem to be very optimistic, what do you think?
will you get the job?
Well i really cleared it, so welcome to all people who make it to tcs.