TCS PAPER - 15 OCT 2006 - CHENNAI
I attended TCS Aptitude on 15th October Chennai. It was an Online test at Vel's Multimedia College - Avadi. The test was easy. Result was displayed immediately, after we get the message that we have qualified for the next round, the invigilator informs that we would be contacted via mail further.
From what I feel you can do the full to prepare for TCS Aptitude
* Read Antonyms and Synonyms doc that's available in this site
* Aptitude is easy so doing previous papers and referring R.S Agarwal for steps is what is req
* Critical reasoning is the tough part, so go through Barron's
Please do not take English lightly, almost everybody will be able to do the aptitude as its not tough, its only English that will fetch u extra marks if u know.
There is no sectional cut off, all u have to aim is to get above 40, whether it be that u get more in English or Math's or Critical. No negative marking too, so finish the paper.
Do not hurry up because the timer is running in front of u tensing u, just calm down and solve - imagine u r at home - Why I am stressing this is because one of my friends who is really good in solving, cud not make it just because she hurried giving all wrong answers or either ending up reading the ques again and again thus wasting time. She got perfect answers after exam but not during. Why? Tension....
So more than anything being composed and attending smartly is what gets u through.
I am giving whatever I remember from my paper here
1. Odd one out
1.java 2.smalltalk 3.lisp 4.eiffel ans: Eiffel
2. Three companies working independently and get savings 10%, 20%, 25%. if the companies work just opposite then what will be the net saving?
3. Which will give the highest standard deviation
2. (7,-7, 7,-7,7)
4. What is the largest prime no that is stored in 6 bit pattern.
5. WHICH SHAPE WILL BE OBTAINED BY USING THESE VALUES OF X ,Y
6. Data Interpretation - CHART WITH CORRECT VALUES
Y- NO OF PERSONS
a). AVERAGE NO. OF PERSONS FROM 1995 - 1999
b). WHICH YEAR HAS LARGE DIFFERENCES IN NO OF PERSONS
c). IF 10% OF PEOPLE LEAVES THE OFFICE IN 1998 THEN, HOW MANY FRESH CANDIDATES CAN BE ADDED IN THE NEXT YEAR
7. Select the odd one out a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2
8. size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
9. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
10. (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance). Find units.
11. My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed?
6:00 am b) 6:40am c) 7:40 d) 7:00 e) 8:00
(Hint: Every 1 deg longitude is equal to 4 minutes. If west to east add time else subtract time)
12.Series 9,11,15,_, 29,..
13. MATCH THE FOLLOWING
1. SENTENCE, PARAGRAPH 1. TYPE OF
2. BASMATI, WHEAT 2. A PART OF
3. BROTHER, SISTER 3. NOT A TYPE OF
4. BREIGAL, DOG 4. SIBLING
ANS: 1->2 2->1 3->4 4->3
14. A power unit is there by the bank of the river 900 mts. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river at 3000mts. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 5/- per meter ansd cost of cable on the bank is Rs. 4/- per meter.
15. Sum of slopes of 2 perpendicular st.lines is given. Find the pair of lines from the given set of options, which satisfy the above condition?
16. Which of the following is power of 3? Some values...
1. French, German, English are the languages....G,,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S are the people. Each one will know certain language/languages. Depending upon the given conditions we have to find the seating arrangement. Like who can sit near P, if two ppl decide not to come then what arrangement is possible. Three orders were given, which r the ones that's correct.
( Its available in Barron's- Repeated)
2. Certain sailors get jaundice due to lack of nutritious food, Sulphuric acid, citric acid and one more method is used as an experiment to find a possible cure. Questions are based on this, like what is inferred from the passage- like what might be the cure .. etc
3. Group of people, who have kids and some are married.Conditons like if divorced one cannot marry a direct descendant, one cannot marry two ppl at a time, he cannot marry a person of same sex etc were given
( Don't remember names)
Ques are like
- which family will have more no of females,
- if a person divorces then whom can he marry
- what is possible from the given para.. person no:-1 is a cousin of person
God Bless You!!!
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.