Verbal (30 questions in 20 minutes)
As usual 10 synonyms, 10 antonyms, 5 sentence completion, a reading comphrension.
i) For synonyms & antonyms refer GRE Barrons any edition. But 12th and 13th edition is more preferable.
ii) Sentence Completion was so tough.
iii) Reading comprehension was easy
Critical reasoning (12 qustions)
Regarding antonyms and critcal reasoning every1 plz study the 5 model question papers at the back of barron's Gre 12th or 13th edition. It will do and u will surely clear it.
Aptitude: (totally 38 questions were asked and all were repeated questions and the following ques would do) The following questions are enough and you will get questions in this model……..They are not even changing the order for reasoning. So mug up the answerz
1.If g (1)= - 1 g (0)=1
And g (n)=( 3*g (n-1)) + (2*g (n –2)) find g (4);
2.A plane moves from 9°N40°E to 9°N40°W. If the plane starts at 10 am and takes 8 hours to reach the destination, find the local arrival time.
3.Complete the sequence 9,10,11,13,15, __, 21,28.
4.In a certain format TUBUJPO is coded as STATION. The code of which string is FILTER?
5. What is the code formed by reversing the First and second letters, the third and fourth letters and son on of the string SIMULTANEOUSLY? 8.
6.The base 5 representation of the decimal number 2048 is _____.
7.Which is the largest prime number that can be stored in a 9-bit register?
8.Find the physical quantity represented by[ MOMENTUM *VELOCITY] / [LENGTH * ACCELERATION]?= mass
9. In a two-dimensional array, X (9, 7), with each element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X (1, 1) is 3000, find the address of X (8, 5).
10. Select the odd one out. a. Java b. Lisp c. Smalltalk d.Eiffel.
11. Select the odd one out a. SMTP b. WAP c. SAP d. ARP
12.. Select the odd one out a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2
13. Select the odd one out a. WAP b. HTTP c. BAAN d. ARP
14. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
15. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work?
16. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube ?ANS:6,8,12
17. Find the value of @@+25-++@1..., where @ denotes "square" and + denotes "square root".
18. Find the result of the following _expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation:
19. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?ans is 0.5%
20. In Madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm.
21. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent?
23. If the vertex (5,7) is placed in the memory. First vertex (1,1) ?s address is 1245 and then address of (5,7) is ----------
24. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?
a. 3i+2j b. i+j
c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j
25. If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used
Method to be followed : ((100-x/100)*(100-y/100)*(100-z/100))*100
The resultant should be subtracted by 100.
26. What is the power of 2? a. 2068 b.2048 c.2668
27. A, B and C are 8 bit no?s. They are as follows:
A 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1
B 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0
C 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1
Find ( (A-B) u C )=?)
28. Given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. Find the one that is impossible? (HINT : sum of smaller 2 sides is greater than the other one which is larger)--- I could not remember the values
29. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?(Hint det(A)==0).
I could not remember the values
30. Given $ means Tripling and % means change of sign then find the value of $%$6-%$%6
31. Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation?
32.Match the following:
1. Male - Boy --->
a. A type of
2. Square - Polygon --->
b. A part of
3. Roof - Building --->
c. Not a type of
4. Mushroom - Vegetables ---> d.
A superset of
Ans: 1- d, 2- a, 3- b, 4- c
33. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 900 mtr width. a cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 3000 mtr away from the power unit. The cost of the cable bellows water Rs5 / mtr and cost of cable on the bank is Rs 4/ mtr. Find the pt where the cable cut through the river.
1.2800 2. 3000 3. 2100 4.3900
Remaing six questions are venn diagram and data interpretation questions
Aptitude (38 questions in 40 Minutes)
More questions were repeated from previous papers. Some of my questions are
1) Faces, edges & vertices of a cube. Ans : 6,8,12
2) A, B, C are machines some percentage given x%, y%, z%. Find the total fuel economy.
Methodology to be followed : ((100-x/100)*(100-y/100)*(100-z/100))*100
The resultant should be subtracted by 100
3) In the word prepositional if the first and second, third and fourth, fourth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the twelfth letter from right????
4) Which shape will be obtained by using the values X,Y
Ans: Y= log10(X)
5) Find the value of M(363, 5)+R(3.4)+T(7.8)-R(3.8) where M is modulus, R is round-off, T is truncate.
6) Which of the following are orthogonal pairs a) 2x+3y=6 b) 2x+5y=0 c) 2y=3x+6 d) 7x+y=4
7) What is the power of 3? I couldn't able to remind choices
8) b g b d q m b g d m g b g g b q m b g q b g d g b a m g b g m (This is a just a sample)
how many B's followed by G's but not D. I got the ans for the given question is 4
9) Select odd one out UNIX, Windows NT, MVS, SQL
10) Ram can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
Ans: 13 hours
11) The number (some nos) in decimal system is given by (some nos) x in the X System of numbers find the value of X
a) 5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 8 e) 9
12) A series which is easy.
13) A temperature problem
14) Match the following:
i) Male Boy – a superset of
ii) Banda Bear – a type of
iii) Mushroom Vegetable – not a type of
15) Student get 3 and 3.5 in their class exam And 1.2 and 1.45 in final exam respectively. What might be the class marks of 3rd student who have got 0 marks in final exam?
1. 0.3 2. 0.5 3. 0.25 4. 0.1
ans: 0.25 Approach: take the diff and find out
16) A Bit problem to find A-(B Intersection C)
17) What is the unit of the following? (power*time) / (velocity*velocity)
1.mass 2.distance 3.velocity 4.speed
now numerator is (mass*distance^2) / (time^2)
denominator is (distance^2) / (time^2) since velocity=distance/time
18) Which of the following does not form triangle?
Hint : Add two sides & sum of the two sides must be greater than the 3rd side
19) Which of the following is Singular Matix?
Hint: Det of matrix=0
20) The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds / and response will be back to programmer in 20 millisecond Some error has happened while sending. How many much time the program (But this question in a different way)
21) A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 900 mtr width. a cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 3000 mtr away from the power unit. The cost of the cable bellows water Rs5 / mtr and cost of cable on the bank is Rs 4/ mtr.
Find the pt where the cable cut through the river.
1.2800 2. 3000 3. 2100 4.3900
22) Given g(0)=1, g(1)=-1 and g(n)=g(n-1)+g(n-2), find g(6).
23) In two dimensional array X(7,9) each element occupies 8 bytes of memory. If the address of first element X(1,1)is (some nos) then what will be the address of the element X(5,8) ?
24) The program size is N. The memory occupied by the program is M=4000sqrt(N), If the program size is increased by 1%. Then what is the percentage increase in memory?
1. 0.1% 2.0.4% 3.0.5% 4.2%
Ans: 0.5% Approach: Sqrt of 101
25) What is the largest Prime Number that can be stored in 8-bit memory?
26) Which of the following highest Standard deviation
a) , - 1, 1,-1, 1,-1 b) 1, 1, 1,1,1,1 c) -1, - 1, -1,-1,-1,-1 d) -1, 1, -1, 1,-1, 1 Ans: d)
27) Find value ##+5-++# 5 ,0 where # denotes double and + denotes Change of sign(This is not the question. This is a model)
28) An aero plane problem.
other questions I couldn't recollect. Last six questions were based on DI
33-35 A Venn Diagram was given. Based on that v hav to answer. It has Java, COBOL & C Programmers
35-38 a Bar Chart question. It is very easy.
Go through all the Model Tests of GRE 12th edition. They are asking from that only.
i) F is arranging 11 women. They speak French, German, Russian etc. Refer it in GRE.
ii) A question from Model Test paper only
iii) Also the same
a) For verbal & reasoning refer GRE 12th edition is more preferable
b) For apps see only previous question papers. For safer side go thru R.S. Agarwal
c) Reasoning work out all those Model Test papers frm GRE Book.
d) They are not even changing the order for reasoning. So mug up the answerz.
e) If atleast one reasoning problem is correct, u will surely shortlisted
f) Note down there is no sectional cut off