TCS PAPER - 09 JUL 2005 - CHENNAI
Tata consultancy services 2005 campus papers***Chennai***Dated 9/07/2005
Paper set:- F
There were 10 synonyms and 10 antonyms
I could not remember all(mostly repeated from old paps..2003and 2004)
After this ther e was a big passage which had missing sentences (this was tough) to be identified...many options given(this passage was abt the power of the brain to recollect and associate incidents)
Next there was some 5 paras given and 5qs based on the 5 paras(this was very easy)
(this passage was about investing in share market)
Mostly all were repeated qs from old papers....
1. a number series qs 5,6,7,8,10,11,14,? Ans:18
2. In a two-dimensional array, X (9, 7), with each element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address of the last element
X(1, 1) is 1245, find the address of X (8, 5).
4. Select the odd one out.
a. Java b. Lisp c. Smalltalk d.Eiffel.
5. Select the odd one out
a. SMTP b. WAP c. SAP d. ARP
6. Select the odd one out
a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2
7. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and forth, forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged upto the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
8. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in an 8-bit memory?
9. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M == 4000 square root of N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
Ans (4000sqr1.1N-4000sqrN)/(4000sqrN) *100
10. the ques on a man,a woman and a boy finish work together in 6 days.man takes 10 days, woman takes 24 days then how much boy will take?
ans--- 40 days
11. identify which one of the following is a planer cube given by (vertices,edges,sides)
12. Find the result of the following _expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8)
13. some encrypted letters were given we have to decode a given word
14. G(0)== 1, G(1)==-1, G(N)==G(N-1) - G(N-2), G(2)== ?
15. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 900 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 3000mts away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 15/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/- per meter. Find the place were the water and land meets.
16. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent?write a formula for it?
Ans: I think it is N/10 *30(check)
17. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?
a. 3i+2j b. i+j c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j
18. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?
(Hint det(A) = 0)
19. A plane moves from 9?N40'?E to 9?N40'?W. If the plane starts at 10 am and takes 8 hours to reach the destination, find the local arrival time?
Q like this one. just know the method
The time is calculated on the basis of longitude. (Based on sunrise)
Sun rises earlier in calcutta than in Mumbai.
The 40 degrees east and 40 degress west are calculated form 0 degrees.
The plane has travelled westwards by 40+ 40 = 80 Degrees. (WEST)
For each degree there is a difference of 4 Minutes.
The difference in timings is 320 Minutes behind.
As per the starting point time 10.00 AM the flight should have reached at 6.00 PM.
Reducing 320 Minutes from it we get 12.40 PM local time at the destination
20. Given $ means Tripling and % means change of sign then find the value of $%$6-%$%6
21 Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation?
22 Match the following:
1. Male - Boy ---> a. A typeof
2. Square - Polygon ---> b. A part of
3. Roof - Building ---> c. Not a type of
4. Mushroom - Vegetables ---> d. A superset of
Ans: 1- d, 2- a, 3- b, 4- c
23. they asked the temperature problem.it was same as previous papers.the ratio was -t*t/6+4t+12. it is like if t is the diff in temp. then find % change in temp from 4to 9 pm.[ans:substitute 4and 9 for t and get the difference)
A 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
B 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 0
C 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0
(AuB)nC = ?
ans: u is OR, n in AND
25, what shape will be obtained using these values
26. Some BAR CHART and pie chart given & 2 or 3 question were asked fairly easy. bar was about poeple joining each yr and pie chart about % of poeple.
about which yr had max growth %, like that.
27. based on deg, minutes and radians Q.
just remember 1 deg = 60 min and 1 min = 60 sec.
Find for 7oclock
28. graph given and asked 2 write equation. it was
some y=-x+2 (check).
<29>which of the following is perfect power of 3
Ans divide the sum of the digits thrice by 3..u must get a multiple of 3
1. there are 3(A,B,C) buisness analyst and 5 programmers(D,E..)...a team of 5 should be selected based on some conditions..
Like: team must comprise 2 BA and 3progs
A&c should not be same...and so on
F and d must not go together and so on
Qs were like wat r the possible combinations..etc
2. ther r 8 swimmers a,bc..... O or J comes last in the race,
L finishes after k , n comes after m, there are no tie positions..
Based on the above qs like possible combinations,who came first etc...
3. interview conducted on all days of a week,only 2 days has more than 1 interview..pqrstv...sre the candidates
P is interviewd after k
Q is interviewed after 3 days of s like that and so on
4. this is a gardener trying to plant various varieties of flower of diff colors in 4 rows...the flower names were given...one row must not contain same color and must be height order....qs were on the possible combinations and orders of color..
The paper was damn easy but many were rejected based on upper cutoff...Try to do well in verbal..quants are repeated and easy..follow barrons for verbal....mainly see old papers that's very much imp for verbal and quants..try to even mug the verbal qs from 2003 and 2004 paps it sthe same..
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.