TCS INTERVIEW - 11 SEP 2005 - MUMBAI
This is Mukund L. Netnaskar, fresher 2005 pass out (electronics and telecommunication background).
There r some questions asked me in TCS (HR and tech. interview ) Mumbai drive at 11th September, both tech. and HR time duration was near about 20 to 25 minutes.
It may help u, those who have scheduled time for interview
* On communication network
1. what is internet and intranet
2. what is tcp/ip protocol
3. what r different types of topologies and difference between each other
4. how e-mail works
5. what is difference between tcp/ip and OSI layer
* On micro processor
1. different ic names and their functions e.g. 8255,8253,8259 8237
2. what is DMA controller, how it works
3. difference between 8085 and 8086
* On Digital integrated circuits
Just only different IC names like AND gate, OR gate NAND gate, NOR gate etc. And which r universal gate and why?
* On wireless communication
1. what is GSM
2. what is GPRS
3. how mobile works i.e. call from mobile to landline and landline to mobile
* On C language
1. what is pointer
2. what is difference between structure and union, and which should we have to prefer.
3. how pointer works in structure
4. they r giving different c statement and asking what is o/p
e.g. z = a++ + ++a + b++ + ++b for a=5 and b=6 and many more such programs.
5. they r asking different programming logic like how we can swap two no. without using 3rd variable such easy logical question were there.
6. Different string functions and their functions.
7. what is call by value and call by reference.
* On C++
1. what is difference between c and c++
2. what is oops
3. what is public and private
4. what is polymorphism
5. what is message passing
* And they are asking very deeply about final year project.
1. express ur self.
2. And in HR also they are asking final year project.
3. what is u r strong points and weak points.
4. what are u r hobbies.
5. what u know about tcs.
6. u r from electronics background then why tcs.
* All the best *
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.