- What is frame relay, in which layer it comes?Frame relay is a packet switching technology. It will operate in the data link layer.
- What is terminal emulation, in which layer it comes?Telnet is also called as terminal emulation. It belongs to application layer.
- What is Beaconing?The process that allows a network to self-repair networks problems. The stations on the network notify the other stations on the ring when they are not receiving the transmissions. Beaconing is used in Token ring and FDDI networks.
- What is redirector?Redirector is software that intercepts file or prints I/O requests and translates them into network requests. This comes under presentation layer.
- What is NETBIOS and NETBEUI?
NETBIOS is a programming interface that allows I/O requests to be sent to and received from a remote computer and it hides the networking hardware from applications.
NETBEUI is NetBIOS extended user interface. A transport protocol designed by microsoft and IBM for the use on small subnets.
- What is RAID?A method for providing fault tolerance by using multiple hard disk drives.