- What invokes a thread's run() method?After a thread is started, via its start() method or that of the Thread class, the JVM invokes the thread's run() method when the thread is initially executed.
- What is the difference between the Boolean & operator and the && operator?
If an expression involving the Boolean & operator is evaluated, both operands are evaluated. Then the & operator is applied to the operand. When an expression involving the && operator is evaluated, the first operand is evaluated.
If the first operand returns a value of true then the second operand is evaluated. The && operator is then applied to the first and second operands. If the first operand evaluates to false, the evaluation of the second operand is skipped.
- Name three subclasses of the Component class.Box.Filler, Button, Canvas, Checkbox, Choice, Container, Label, List, Scrollbar, or TextComponent.
- What is the GregorianCalendar class?The GregorianCalendar class provides support for traditional Western calendars.
- Which Container method is used to cause a container to be laid out and redisplayed?validate() method is used to cause a container to be laid out and redisplayed.
- What is the purpose of the Runtime class?The purpose of the Runtime class is to provide access to the Java runtime system.