- What is the difference between the String and StringBuffer classes?String objects are constants. StringBuffer objects are not constants.
- If a variable is declared as private, where may the variable be accessed?A private variable may only be accessed within the class in which it is declared.
- What is an object's lock and which object's have locks?
An object's lock is a mechanism that is used by multiple threads to obtain synchronized access to the object. A thread may execute a synchronized method of an object only after it has acquired the object's lock.
All objects and classes have locks. A class's lock is acquired on the class's Class object.
- What is the Dictionary class?The Dictionary class provides the capability to store key-value pairs.
- How are the elements of a BorderLayout organized?The elements of a BorderLayout are organized at the borders (North, South, East, and West) and the center of a container.
- What is the % operator?It is referred to as the modulo or remainder operator. It returns the remainder of dividing the first operand by the second operand.