Tech Mahindra Interview Pattern - OFF CAMPUS DRIVE - MUMBAI 19 OCT 2016
The entire process consisted of four rounds:
1] Online test.
2] Story Writing.
3] Technical Interview.
4] HR Interview.
1] In online test, there were total 75 questions to be completed in 50 mins. There were 7 sections. Each section has sectional cut-off of 60% with no negative marking.
The sections were as follows:
1) General English-1: 10 Q mostly on Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, Fill in the blanks with Articles, Prepositions,Spellings. Attempt 7 correct and go to the next section.
2) General English-2: 20 Q mostly on sentence completion, analogous pair, use of verb and tense. Attempt 14 correct and go to the next section.
3) Quantitative: 11 Q mostly on Ages and Partnership(most imp), time and work, profit and loss,speed time distance, mixtures and allegations ratio proportion. Attempt 8 correct and go to the next section.
4) Verbal Reasoning: 5 Q will be a simple linear arrangement or a floor based. Attempt all and then go to the next section.
5) Logical Reasoning: 20 Q All of them will be simple and mostly on blood relations(most imp), coding, analogies, letter series, number series. Attempt 14 correct and go to the next section.
6) Reading comprehension: 5 Q simple ones just read and answer them. I got 4 Q on passage and one was kind of close test with just one blank to fill which was numbered 5. Attempt all then go to the next section.
7) Non-Verbal Reasoning: 5 Q completing series and finding odd one out based on figures.
Attempt all and then according to the time left go back to the section where you have attempted less than i told to make sure u clear the 60% cutoff and make sure u attempt all Q in all the sections as there is no negative marking.
Keep saving after attempting 6-8 Q to avoid data loss in case of net failure.
As soon as you submit the test. You will get your result if you have cleared the online test it will show "Congratulations" with the link for story writing otherwise "Sorry".
I focused so much on the first round because this is the main elimination round. once you clear this round you are 80% there.
2] Story writing: You will be shown an image and you have to write a story within 15 mins and it should of 1200 characters(200 words).
Make sure u don't make any grammatical mistake and write a story on the picture, not hat you see in the picture. Understand the difference and make a good positive story on the image shown.
3] Technical Interview: It all depends on your luck. But be prepared for the worst. I was asked to introduce myself at first. Then he asked me to explain my project then he asked questions on my project I was asked to tell the algorithm to find a leap year then prime no. Then he asked mine about Data Structures types. I am from EEE branch and I had mentioned C and DS in my resume. Be fully prepared about whatever you have written in your resume.
4] HR Interview: I was asked to introduce myself then he asked my about my strength and weakness then why you want to join TM. Q on active partners of the company, current strength and some other Q based on my resume. He also gave me a situation, suppose TM hires you at a position where I am leading a group of three well experienced(each one having 4 to 6 yrs of ex) employees. Then being a fresher how will you make them work for you. then he kept on introducing different constraints and kept asking the same Q 2-3 times.
Both in the TR and HR, I was grilled like anything but I just kept answering with confidence and a smile on my face.
Keep extra copy of every doc let it be resume, call letter or mark sheets.
Time management is the key as the Q will be easy.
Refer and give as many online test as you can on Indiabix.com, etc.,
Prepare your project well and Practice basic programs.
Be confident and don't bluff.
ALL THE BEST!!
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.