Tech Mahindra Interview Experience - Durgapur, 27th November 2014
Well, Currently TechM is not having much of vacancies, So number of intake of students getting placed this year is comparatively much less than the last year.
The process first started with PPT given by the HR at around 10:15am, then the online aptitude examination started. It basically consisted of the following topics :
1. Articles (10).
2. Building verbiage (synonyms) (10).
3. Confusable words (10).
4. Prepositions (20).
5. Reading passage (10).
6. Sentence construction (10).
7. Subject-verb agreement (20).
8. Tenses (10).
1. Logical and analytical reasoning (verbal) (20).
2. Logical and analytical reasoning (non-verbal) (35).
3. Quantitative aptitude (15).
Total 170 questions and cut off was 65% (As told by HR during the PPT).
The moment one submits the exam. It would access there itself and the monitor would declare whether one had cleared the test or not and would proceed with the ESSAY-WRITING.
My topic was "Ragging should be banned".
Some other topics were like - favourite sports.
- Favourite sports icon.
- Social network.
This was also an elimination round and the time limit was 10mins.
Later in the technical interview, the interviewer asked some questions from DBMS (very imp topic) , simple programs like Fibonacci series from C and what is polymorphism in Java. Rest he was simply concentrating on your attitude, spoken English and how much leadership qualities and persuading qualities do you have.
And he also asked 1. Why tech Mahindra ?
2. And some general questions from current affairs or your hobbies like badminton or football. Like that.
It lasted around 25mins.
Then was HR: it was seriously very tough (26 students were called in HR round and at last 15 got selected).
He was mainly interested how much practical knowledge does one have :
He asked like.
1. How a firewall works? (remember firewall and antivirus are both different).
2. What all steps happen when computer gets started? (BIOS is started and then kernel and all those steps).
3. What is BIOS (basic input and output system) and what is its function?
4. What is OS? where it is used and how?
For non-cse students he asked like.
1. Why the dish TV satellite is at an angle of 60 degree always and always points towards south direction? (I didn't answered this :p).
2. In mobile phone FM (frequency modulation) is used or AM (amplitude modulation) ?
3. And whether you ready to relocate or not to a new place ?
Later after all this the final results were announced at 2:00 am. Out of 61 people who cleared the aptitude. Finally only 15 were selected.
And I was one among them!(hurray) :D.
Only one suggestion BE CONFIDENT and BE PATIENT to handle the pressure of interview from(8:00 am to 2:00am).
All the very best. !
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.