Tech Mahindra Interview Experience - Basar, December 20, 2013 IIIT BASAR
With experience from Tech Mahindra technical and HR rounds for selection process.
Hi, This is Sharif Niyaz from ECE department.
FIRST OF ALL BE READY. It doesn't matter how much you have prepared, the important thing that matters is, are you ready to handle the 20 minutes of interview?
Following are the things that need to be considered along with your preparations:
1. Convincing them you're right for the job.
2. Can you do the job?
3. Same skills, different job.
4. Your potential to tackle new tasks.
5. 'Are you the sort of person we can work with?'.
6. Employers love motivated employees.
7. Building trust, be truthful, acting doesn't help. It may help sometimes.
8. Effective answers to common questions.
9. Be Ready first.
10. Whatsoever knowledge you may possess, if you are unable to express it in that particular time, then its of no use.
11. Try to express the answers effectively, keep in mind that Interviewer should be satisfied. And you should make him feel that you know what he wants to know.
12. Be smart, if he asks you a question that you are unaware of, if you don't know the answer to something, it is better to admit to it rather than pretend to know and start waffling, tell him that this is not an area I'm familiar with, though I am very interested in it.
13. The most important thing is convincing the interviewer that you will be a nice person to work with. To put it another way, it doesn't matter how good your answers are technically, if the interviewer doesn't like you there's not much chance you'll get the job.
In technical round:
Questions from C will be easy, simple logics and basics.
Describe your project briefly. If he asks what's your project, elaborate. It will take 5 to 10 minutes of interview time and he will come to that you have knowledge and you are enthusiastic. This was what I did.
Try to convince him, be confident and manage your self under stress. He may put you under stress sometimes.
He will ask your area of interest or subject, Why ECE? So prepare answers for that.
Some common questions and my answers:
1. Describe yourself:.
Give three specific examples of your personality traits and accomplishments.
Examples are proof of your ability and a sign of confidence. Giving a clear concise example will be more memorable and set you apart from the group. Before the interview, think the needs of the job and how your personality could be a fit.
2. Why are you the best person for the job or why should I hire you?
You need someone who can produce results, and my background and experience are proof of my ability. For example. ".
3. Are you creative? Are you analytical? Can you work under pressure?
Answer yes and give a specific example. A brief, specific example supports your answer well and says you are confident, well prepared, and genuine.
4. What position do you expect?
"I'm looking for an opportunity to apply my skills and contribute to the growth of the company while helping create some advancement opportunities for myself. ".
5. Why do you need this job?
I have a plan for my career, to be a part of reputed organization and want responsibility by which I can gain experience.
6. What do you heard about our organization?
"Everything I've seen and heard makes me want to be a part of this organization. I understand your industry is ________ and your primary customer is __________. A particularly exciting part of your business appears to be _________. ".
7. What salary you expect?
My salary requirements are negotiable. Your firm has a reputation of compensating employees fairly and I trust you would do the same in my case. I am very interested in finding the right opportunity and will be open to any fair offer when I do so.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
By Gaining experience and adapted well with company I would like to take a position with some responsibility and room for growth. The key is with the right challenge I intend to continually contribute and grow with the firm.
HR round was just a formality. No one got rejected in HR round. Just he want to know can you speak good and are you willingly to join his company.
Don't mention you want to go for higher studies.
Be cool, most probably HR interviewer will be nice to you when compared to technical one.
Just maintain your attitude (good) , express your dignity in words.
Clearing written test is 70% completion of selection process, so use the time of test properly. Manage time, think fast. Keep yourself calm before exam. It is seen most of the students keep talking with friends before exam, it should be avoided.
Once you clear the written test, then you will be selected for sure if express your answers clearly in interview. Skills are necessary but not essential, if you convince interviewer that you possess knowledge then you will get select. Some people may be afraid of their communication skills, don't tense about that. Think in a way that, if you are selecting students for your own company then what qualities you will look for. He should have knowledge, dedicated, hardworker, honest, analytical thinker and smart. These what Interviewer will look for. So, prepare yourself accordingly.
"Aim at the sky, at-least you may reach at the top of the tree".
MD SHARIF NIYAZ,
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.