Tech mahindra Interview Experience - Pune, 20th Dec, 2013
I attended the Tech mahindra campus drive on 20th of December 2013. There were around 500 students who appeared for the campus drive. It included Engineering as well as MCA students of Sinhgad college.
The First Round was Aptitude and it was completely online. There were 170 questions to be solved in 80 minutes. The questions were comprised of Quant, Logical reasoning and verbal ability. The main concentration was on verbal ability. There were 11 sections in all. Each section was having its independent cutoff marks.
The questions were very easy. You can refer R S Aggarwal for the Quant. The verbal was also very easy and there was no negative marking for any of the sections. I completed solving 170 questions in 55 min only. During rest of the time I was just cross checking my answers.
After 2 hrs result was announced and only 50 students cracked the aptitude exam. I Was one of them. For the rest of the Tests they called us to their office at IT Park, Hinjewadi, Pune.
The first Test was CCT (Comprehension and Communication Test). You will be given a topic on which you have to write an essay in about 200 words. Then there will be an extempo. The main aim of this test is to check your grammar, vocabulary and confidence. While the extempo is going on, one of the HR will check your Essay for grammatical mistakes.
Out of 50 students, 38 cleared the CCT and were sent to Technical Interview. I was one of them. Immediately we were called for technical interview.
The interviewer asked me questions like:
1. Why have you Taken E&TC?
2. What extraordinary thing you have done after taking this branch?
3. Tell me something about the Project you have done in your college.
4. How many group members were there in your project?
5. What responsibility you took in Project?
6. Do you impose your ideas over your project partners?
7. Tell me something about your hobbies?
8. Name any hobby of yours which you do in group?
9. How many Programming languages do you know?
10. What is the advantage of 'C' over other languages?
These were some of the questions asked to me by the interviewer. Since I am an E&TC engineer so the interviewer was concentrating on my project rather on languages I know.
As soon as all the students were done with the Technical interview, the result was announced and out of 38 students 27 cleared the Technical Interview and I was one of them.
They told us to come next day for the HR interview.
Next day one by one the HR interview started.
Some of the questions asked to me by the HR are:
1. Why are you not trying to choose your career in Electronics?
2. Tell me something about your hobbies.
3. He asked me to draw a sketch as Pencil Sketching was one of my hobby.
4. Then he asked me where I belong to? then he asked me if they relocate me to noida, chandigarh, will I work?
5. He asked me one of the role model who's a scientist. I answered Issac Newton. Then he asked me all the three laws of motion. When did newton born. Who invented Electricity and Radium.
6. Then he asked me the weight of the ball. I was not sure of it but I made a guess. Then he asked me on which position I play cricket? Why I never represented school or college in this game.
7. He lastly gave me a puzzle to solve. It was a tricky puzzle. I just gave my answer.
8. Then he asked me if I wanted to ask him anything. I asked him my exact job profile in tech mahindra on joining. He answered me very nicely.
Overall the interview was quite good and it went very smoothly.
In the evening the result was announced and all the 27 students were selected in the HR interview.
It felt even happier to see that all of us are selected. Now we all are waiting for the offer letter which may come in August-September.
Thank you all for reading my experience.
Be confident, Study well, Concentrate on your career.
All the best guys.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.