Syntel Interview Experience - Medicaps Institute of Technology, Indore 23rd August 2014
Hello everyone, before starting I want to say that "Everyone's life experiences some sort of struggle, but the good thing about struggle is that it ends someday".
The Syntel recruitment process consists of 4 rounds and each is an elimination round:
2. Group Discussion.
3. Technical Interview.
4. HR Interview.
1. The written test was held in my college premises which consisted of 90 question including aptitude, logical reasoning and english. This is an easy round, basic english is ok and for apti and logical R. S agrawal is more than enough.
2. I was called for further process at medicaps institute of Technology and management, Indore after 3 months of written test during which I saw many rejections. Nearly 500-600 students were there and they divided all students in the group of 10 each, my GD came after lunch time and my topic was "beauty contest is degrading women", they don't check your content or you are saying in against or favor it doesn't matter, just focus on your english good eye contact and show your presence in the group, take the initiative and you will surely clear the round. 4 were selected in my group including me of course.
3. Due to many students process was taking a lot of time and also I had to catch a bus to pune at 8:30 so I requested a syntel manager to consider the situation and give me the preference for getting interviewed early. I am very thankful to Syntel people and coordinators for cooperating well. I was called for technical round, this was the shortest technical round I ever gave, it lasted only for 10 mins, the questions were:
- How many types of databases are there.
- 1 sql query to find the second least salary of an employee from employee table.
- Inheritance program.
- Bubble sort program.
- My final year project, my contribution in it and some cross questions on project.
Thats all, it went well except the database question. I was waiting for result and was expecting to get shortlisted as I also had an Oracle certification in Java. I cleared this round.
4. After 5 mins I was called for HR round as I was given the preference to be interviewed first. HR was very polite and he was just checking english fluency, many got rejected in this round because of their poor communication skills, it was also a very short interview. Questions were :
- Describe yourself.
- Anything about you which is not written in your CV.
- I had written cooking in my hobby so he asked me to tell the process of making tea.
And the interview was over, he told me to wait outside for the results. I was very confident this time and after 5-10 min they told the results of few students and my name was there, I was very happy.
Guys be confident, believe in your hard work and don't get nervous when your time is there nobody can stop you. This made me very emotional as I was rejected in companies like TCS, L&T etc.
Waiting for my offer letter.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.