Sony - Aptitude Test - Sony
Exp: The pattern is -1, -2, Therefore, Missing number = 17 " 3 = 14.
2. 19, 2, 38, 3, 114, 4, (..)
Exp: The sequence is a combination of two series: I. 19 38, 114, (.) and II. 2, 3,4 The pattern followed in I is x 2, x 3, .. Missing number = 114 x 4 = 456
3. 3, 6, 18, 72, ()
Exp: The pattern is x 2, x 3, x 4, Missing number = 72 x 5 = 360
4. Fill in the blanks with suitable words Rajeev failed in the examination because none of his answers were to the questions asked
5. There are views on the issue of giving bonus to the employees
6. Man who has committed such an .. crime must get the most severe punishment
7. He has . people visiting him at his house because he fears it will cause discomfort to neighbours
8. The following questions consist of three words two of which have a certain relationship to each other, followed by four words. Select the word that has the same relationship as the original pair of words. Errata : Books :: Flaws : ?
Exp: Errata comprises from the books. Similarly, Flaws are the defects in the metals.
9. Grain: Stock:: Stick : ?
Exp: Second is the collection of the first.
10. Appraiser : Building :: Critic : ?
Exp: First comments on the second.
Read the following information and answer the questions (11-15) given below it. There are five friends Sachin, Kunal, Mohit, Anuj and Rohan. Sachin ia shorter than Kunal but taller than Rohan. Mohit is tallest. Anuj is a little shorter than Kunal and little taller than Sachin.
11. Who is the shortest?
Exp: Let us denote the five boys by the first letter of their names,namely S, K, M, A and R. Then , R < S < K < M and S < A < K. R < S < A < K < M Rohan is shortest.
12. If they stand in the order of their heights, who will be in the middle?
Exp: R < S < A < K < M Anuj is in the middle.
13. If they stand in the order of increasing heights, who will be the second?
Exp: R < S < A < K < M. In the order of increasing heights i,e shortest to tallest, Sachin is second.
14. Who is taller than Anuj but shorter than Mohit?
Exp: R < S < A < K < M. Kunal is taller than Anuj but shorter than Mohit.
15. Who is the second tallest?
Exp: R < S < A < K < M Kunal is second tallest.
16. Showing the man receiving the prize, Saroj said, "He is the brother of my uncle\'s daughter.� Who is the man to Saroj ?
Exp: Brother of uncle's daughter"Uncle's son " Cousin. So, the man is Seema's cousin.
17. Pointing to a man, a woman said, "His mother is the only daughter of my mother." How is the woman related to the man?
Exp: Only daughter of my mother " Myself. So, the woman is man's mother.
18. Pointing to a photograph, a person tells his friend, "She is the granddaughter of the elder brother of my father." How is the girl in the photograph related to his man?
Exp: Brother of father " Uncle; Uncle's granddaughter " daughter of uncle's son " daughter of cousin " niece
19. If in a certain language FASHION is coded as FOIHSAN, how is PROBLEM coded in that code?
Exp: The first and last letters of the word remain as such and the remaining letters are written in a reverse order to obtain the code.
20. If in a certain language KINDLE is coded as ELDNIK, how is EXOTIC coded in that code?
Exp: The letters of the word are written in a reverse order to obtain the code.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.