Ramco System Placement Paper (Aptitude Section)
Paper: Ramco System Placement Paper (Aptitude Section)
Directions: Each of the following question has a question and two statements labelled as (i) and (ii). Use the data/information given in (i) and (ii) to decide whether the data are sufficient to answer the question record your answer as
A) If you can get the answer from (1)alone but not from (2)
B) If you can get the answer from (2)alone but not from (1)
C) If can get the answer from (1)and (2)together ,although neither statement by itself suffice
D) If statement (1)alone suffices and statement (2) alone also suffice.
E) If can't get the answer from statements (1) and (2) together and you need more data.
Q1)What will be the population of city X in 1991?
1) Population of the city has 55% annual growth rate
2) in 1991,the population of city X was 8 million
Q2) Was it Rani's birthday yesterday?
1)Lata spends Rs.100 on Rani's birthday
2)Lata spent Rs.100 yesterday
Q3)Is 3*5 or is 4*6 greater ?
2)a*b is the remainder of ab%(a+b)
Q4)Will the graph X-Y pass through the origin?
1) x proportional to the Y
2)increment in y per units rise of x is fixed.
Q5) What was the value of the machine 2 years ago?
1) the depreciation of the value of the machine per year is 10%
2)present value of the machine is rs 8000/
Q6) What will be the area of a square that can be inscribed in a circle?
1) Radius of the circle is T
2) Length of a diagonal of the square is 2r
Q7) Can it be concluded that the port made more profit in 1988 than in 1987
Total tonnage handled by the port 10 million tones . Expenditure made by the port to handle one tonne of cargo Rs.20/-
Total tonnage handled by the port 12.5 million tonnes Expenditure made by the port to handle one tonne of cargo Rs 25/-
Q8) There are two figures viz., a circle and a square. Which having greater area?
1) Perimeter of the circle is the same as the perimeter of the square.
2) Eleven times the radius is equal to seven times the length of one side of the square.
Q9) A candidate who was found to be under weighting medical test had been selected provisionally subject to his attainment of 60Kg weight within one year. What should be the percentage increase of his weight so that selection is confirmed after one year.
1) Weight (Kg)=16+8 Height (ft) is standard equation for the Indian population. The candidates height is 5.5
2) His present weight is 55Kg.
Q10) Is angle µ=90
Q11) What will be the average age of workers of an Institution after two years?
1) Present average age is 35 years
2) There are total 20 workers in the Institution
Q12) Can it be concluded that fires try is getting increasing importance in India? ( Disregarding the change in money value )
1) Name of the plan Expenditure on Forest (Crore of rupees)
First five year plan----->10
Second five year plan-->19
2) Name of the plan Expenditure on Forest (Crore of rupees)
First five year plan---->46
Second five year plan----> 92.5
Q13) Is AB>AM ( A Triangle is given )
2) M is any point other than B and C on BC
Q14) Is X^2+Y^2<X+Y?
2) 0<Y<1 and X!=Y (X not equal to Y)
Q15) Can it be concluded that angle ABO = angle ODC
1) ABCD is a Parallelogram and O is the point of intersection of the diagonals.
2) Angle DOC =75deg. and angle DAO =35deg.
Q16) What is the value of x+y?
Q17) How many students are there in the class?
1) 30 students play foot ball and 40 play cricket .
2)Each student plays either foot ball or cricket or both.
Q18) What is the value of a:b?
Q19) What is the maximum value of the expression 5+8x-8x^2?
1) x is real
2) x is not positive
Q20) What will be the value of the greatest angle of the triangle ABC?
1) Angles of the triangle are in the ration 2:5:3
2) The side opposite to the greatest angle is the longest side.
Q21) What is the range of values of x?
1)( x-2 ) / ( 2x + 5 ) < 1/3
2)2x /3 + 17/3 > 3x - 20
Q22) Of the two which one is the greater -- -3/x , -3/y?
Q23) What percentage of the candidates passed both in science and mathematics?
1) 52 percent of the candidates failed in science
2) 42% of the candidates failed in mathematics
Q24) How much pure H2SO4 (Hydro Sulphuric Acid) should be added to bring down the percentage of impuritity to 5%?
1). 50 liters of pure H2SO4 was diluted
2). dilution was to the extent of 20%
Q25) What is the cost of building when architects feeses was 70,000
1. Architect gets 10% for the first Rs. 50000 of the cost of building
2. Architect gets 3% on the cost of the building over 50000
Q26) What is the value of BC?( here one triangle figure is there )
Q27) What is the area of the shaded portion (assume AB, CD are arcs of two circles with centre at 0.)Here one arc figure is there
Q28) What is the area of the greatest circle that can be out from rectangular paper
1). length of the paper is 30cm
2). Width of the paper is 21cm
Q29) Y is what percentage of X?
Q30) What is the area of the trapezium abcd where ab is 5cm
2. AB+CD= 16CM
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.