PEROT SYSTEMS PAPER
1. Technical (10)
2. Flowchart (9)
3. Aptitude (16)
We have to clear all the three sections . Negative Marking (0.25)
1. Which of the following involves context switch ,
(a) system call (b) priviliged instruction
(c) floating point exception (d) all the above
(e) none of the above
Ans : (a)
2. In signed magnitude notation what is the minimum value for 2 bytes .
3. Dos is flexible because of (Some choices)
4. Some i++ , i-- Concept .
5. For 1 MB memory , the number of address lines required ,
(a) 11 (b) 16 (c) 20 (d) 24
Ans : (c)
6. O/p for the following (2 Simple Pgm)
8. HIMEM memory .
Aptitude (16 Questions)
1. a==2 ; b==3 , c==6
2. Q is not equal to zero and k == (Q x n - s)/2 . What is n ?
(a) (2 x k + s)/Q (b) (2 x s x k)/Q (c) (2 x k - s)/Q
(d) (2 x k + s x Q)/Q (e) (k + s)/Q
A causes B or C , but not both
F occurs only if B occurs
D occurs if B or C occurs
E occurs only if C occurs
J occurs only if E or F occurs
D causes G , H or both
H occurs if E occurs
G occurs if F occurs
3 . If A occurs which of the following must occurs
I. F and G
II. E and H
(a) I only (b) II only (c) III only (d) I,II, & III
(e) I & II (or) II & III but not both
Ans : (e)
4. If B occurs which must occur
(b) D and G
(c) G and H
(d) F and G
Ans : (a)
5. If J occurs which must have occured
(b) either B or C
(c) both E & F
(e) both B & C
Ans : (b)
6. Which may occurs as a result of cause not mentioned
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) I & II
(d) II & III
(e) I,II & III
Ans : (c)
7. E occurs which one cannot occurs
(a) A (b) F (c) D (d) C (e) J
8. One simple question on Work problem as in R.S.Agarwal
9. One Train problem
10. From the following statements determing the order of ranking
M has double the amount as D
Y has 3 rupess more than half the amount of D
11. In a murder case there are four suspects P,Q,R,S . Each of them
makes a statement . They are
p : " I had gone to the theatre with S at the time of the murder " .
q : " I was playing cards with P at the time of the murder " .
r : " Q didn't commit the murder " .
s : " R is not the murderer " .
Assuming the only one of the above statement is false and that one of
them is the murderer , who is the murderer ?
a) P b) Q c) R d) Cann't be concluded e) S
Ans : E
Six knights - P,Q,R,S,T and U - assemble for a long journey in Two ravelling parties . For security, each travelling party Consists of at least two knights . The two parties travel by separate routes, northern and southern . After one month , the routes of the northern and southern groups converge for a brief time and at that point the knights can , if they wish , rearrange their travelling parties before
continuing , again in two parties along separate northern and southern routes . Throughout the entire trip , the composition of traveling parties must be in accord with the following conditions P and R are deadly enemies and although they may meet briefly can never travel together .
p must travel in the same party with s
Q cann't travel by the southern route
U cann't change routes
12) If one of the two parties of knights consists of P and U and two other knights and travels by the southern route , the other members of this party besides P and U must be
a) Q and S
b) Q and T
c) R and S
d) R and T
e) S and T
Ans : e
13) If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three members , which of the following is not a possible travelling party and route ?
a) P,S,U by the northern route
b) P,S,T by the northern route
c) P,S,T by the southern route
d) P,S,U by the southern route
e) Q,R,T by the southern route
Ans : b
14) If one of the two parties of knights consists of U and two other knights and travels by the northern route , the other memnbers of this party besides U must be
a) P and S
b) P and T
c) Q and R
d) Q and T
e) R and T
Ans : c
15) If each of the two parties of knights consists of exactly three members of different parties and R travels by the northern route,then T must travel by the
a) southern route with P and S
b) southern route with Q and R
c) southern route with R and U
d) northern route with Q and R
e) northern route with R and U
Ans : a
16) If when the two parties of knights encounter one another after a month , exactly one knight changes from one travelling party to the other travelling party , that knight must be
Ans : e
2 Questions in Flowchart was based on biggest of the Number .
there r 3 sections
1st section has two parts
1. a) series questions ..all of them were from quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal.
complete series: 66,36,18,??
ans 8. it is in aggarwal
b) data sufficinecy --again all of them were from verbal 'n non verbal critical reasoning by rs aggarwal..both a and b parts were of 1 marks
section-2 they r 2 marks ques time 'n work questions trains distance
'n time again from quantitative apti by rs aggarwal
section-3 they r 5 marks ques it has 2flowcharts(ques 39 'n 43 i think) 'n
some c- based algo. 1st'n 2nd ques has loops widin loops ..they take time
so start from the last ques.
one of these is
assign 0 to d
if x/3 has a rem 0 then increment d by 1
add 1 to k
somethn somethn and thy asked u the value of d
in 42 and the no of loops in 43 for step 6.
this ques is bit tme consuming..
ans of 1 flowchart was 12 in tht v had to print the
value of c.
there was another ques wich had a loop 'n inside loop
v were changing the value of y ..but somehow it wasnt
chnging..in d end v ve 2 print d value of y ..ans is =d value to wich it ws initialised..'n i dnt remember
xactly..it was initialised to zero i think...so ans is
0..just c to the initialised value.
1's complement of 1100110
..it may not b xactly this no ..par aisa he tha.
conversion from octal to decimal..the no was 56 i think.
so do all these conversions.
if((mod i ,j)==0)
wat will be the o/p after termination?
ans)value wil remain same
make sure tht u start the paper from d last section.they r 5 marks ques 'n r very easy...all ques take equal time so better go for d last section first.
dont forget to do these chapters from rs aggarwal.the ques r as they r in tht buk. .the main factor is time .. . questions were really simple and u can easily handle it . only thing is u shd do within time limit.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.