Nucleus software Interview Experience - HBTI Kanpur, Nov 8, 2013
3. Technical interview.
Aptitude round consisted of 20 questions :
English - find correct sentence.
Test was online conducted by cocubes.
Time given was 1 hr.
Questions was a bit tough.
About 120 students were appeared in 1st round, result was released after one week of test, 45 got qualified for next round.
Company visited campus on 12 dec to complete the process.
2nd round was the coding round.
Only one question. Print the pattern using one loop.
1. Sequence was something like this.(increasing-decreasing fibonacci).
- This round was not the elimination round.
- 15min were given to write both algo and code using any lang.
After this round a form was given to us to fill containing question regarding personal details. And some managerial questions like.
- Hardest decision taken in last 6 months.
- Have you ever worked in team. What was your role.
- Have you ever came conflicts during work in team. If then. Then explain situation, conflict, your stand and solution.
- Have you ever contributed to others success. When n how.
- Have you ever prioritised things. Explain priority order.
And many others.
Next round was Technical round.
Consist of topics.
- DS (programs and concepts of bubble sort. Types of linked list. Binary search. Height of tree, etc).
- DBMS (sql queries. Normalisation. Row num. Row id. Constraints. If there are 3 redundant rows in record how to remove it ? Indexes. Refrential integrity. Effects of not having constraints in table. Having clause. Difference between group by and order by. Etc).
- C (output questions based on const keyword. Static. Pointers. Recursion. Etc).
- oops (difference between malloc n new. Abstract classes. Virtual fn. Pure virtual fn. Interfaces. Etc).
- OS (paging. Fragmentation. Virtual memory. , etc).
- Asked to explain code made in coding round.
- Coding round wasn't eliminating but marks of code was considered.
- You need to be quick.
- Try to give short and exact answer. You would not get the tym to explain to much.
- About 20 students was qualified for next round.
Question was why this career. Why nucleus. What career at nucleus. Same question that was asked in form. Some business situation to solve like if there is some bugs in in your product that you have made and sell to banks and due to that product clients had to bear heavy losses. When what would you do then. ?
- Very stressful.
- They will give you different situations to deal. And make the situation more and more stressful and made you to react. Be calm.
- Stick on your words.
After whole process 10 (5 from CSE. 3 from IT. 2 from ET) were finally selected. And. One of them was me. It was really very very great to hear my name in the list of selected candidates.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.