INFOTECH PATTERN & INTERVIEW - 22 MAR 2005 - HYDERABAD
PATTERN: INFOTECH PATTERN & INTERVIEW - 22 MAR 2005 - HYDERABAD
The selection procedure is like this
1. Written Test
2. Group Discussion
3. Technical Interview
4. HR Interview
The written test consisted of 5 sections namely Quantitative (15 Questions), Analytical ability (14 Questions), Sentence completion (6 Questions), Reading Comprehension (2 Passages each with 5 Questions), Data Interpretation (1 set with 5 Questions).
The quantative consisted of mainly ratios, simple equations i.e. word problems, mixtures and simple/compound Interest. [Suggested book R.S. Agarwal]
The analytical reasoning consisted of a small puzzle and u need to solve it to answer the questions following that set. [suggested book R.S. Agarwal]
coming to sentence completion, though the heading was sentence completion they asked questions related to vocabulary i.e. 3 Synonyms and 3 Antonyms and the words are not which were being asked frequently in other tests. [suggested book Barron]
The reading comprehension had two passages each of length 100-200 words and the questions were easy.
The data interpretation section was dead easy and everybody could solve 5 on 5 with most of them claiming 100% accuracy.
The main thing is that one needs to qualify in each section in order to clear the written test. The best part of the test is that at the beginning of each section they clearly mentioned the number of questions one need to get correct in order to qualify that particular section.
The discussion was for 15 minutes and there were 14 members. The topic gives was "CAN MAN B EVER REPLACED BY MACHINE". They clearly told what are the qualities they r looking for in a person before the starting of the idscussion like ability to communicate ur idea effectively 2 the group, ur ability 2 listen to others points by giving them a chance, etc etc... In the GD initially everybody were asked to speak on that topic for a max. of 1 minute, after everybody completed it was an open discussion for all.
The other topics were "DOES INDIA NEED A DICTATOR" and "IS THERE A NEED FOR INCREASE IN DEFENSE BUDGET".
TECHNICAL INTERVIEW : [lasted for 45 mins]
The previous two rounds were conducted on one day and the selected candidates were asked to attend the remaining process @ their office after 2 days. the questions were :-
1. Tell me about ur project and explain it?
2. some questions on project?
3. which company manufactures these active filters?
4. what is ur favorite subject?
5. Draw the block diagram of UPS?
6. Explain each component and its function in the diagram?
7. 2 more questions on that block diagram and its functioning?
8. u r from Electrical, y r u interested in s/w?
9. Why don't u take up a job in electrical engineering ? and esp. in power electronics [my favourite area]
10. some questions on IGBT?
11. Difference b/n battery and cell?
12. what are faradays laws?
13. what are the differences b/n C and JAVA?
14. Explains oops concept?
15. what r ur strengths?
16. Tell a recent situation wherein u feel ur strengths helped u tackle that situation?
17. u appear to b over confident, what do u say?
18. anymore questions for us?
HR INTERVIEW: [lasted for 40 mins]
1. Tell me about urself?
2. Where did u do ur project?
3. What do u lack if u do ur project in college?
4. Then how do u gain Industrial interface?
5. How do companies select student for training?
6. Where did u do training?
7. Have u anytime been without ur parents, i mean in hostel during ur college or school?
8. How was ur experience?
9. R u good in a group or when u r working alone?
10. So when u r on projects wherein u need to work alone, u cant?
11. What r ur hobbies?
12. What type of music do u prefer and why?
13. Where does ur father work?
14. What does ur mother do?
15. Do u have any siblings, if yes what r they studying?
16. why u dint make it 2 IIT JEE?
17. So u r very bad at planning ur time?
18. What r ur strengths?
19. Tell me a situation wherein u used all ur strengths?
20. What r ur weaknesses?
21. Y do u consider being fussy about details as a weakness?
22. What r ur future plans?
23. Do u know the agreement bond] here and have u discussed with ur family?
24. Any questions for us?
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.