Infosys Limited Interview Experience - RCCIIT KOLKATA, October 9-10, 2014
Infosys did campus drive in our campus on 9th and 10th October. First day was aptitude test.
The aptitude questions has three sections. They are:.
1. Analytical and Logical Reasoning (15 questions, 25 mins) : There were 6 syllogisms (few many type) , One Data Interpretation graph and 5 questions from that and four Data sufficiency questions covering concepts of maths and logic.
2. Mathematical Critical Thinking (10 questions, 35 mins) : There was a puzzle and five questions from that. The other five questions were from normal maths concepts.
3. Test of English communication (40 questions, 35 mins) : There were 2 really long reading comprehensions and 5 questions from each of them. Then there were fillers, Sentence corrections, Sentence betterments, Theme detections.
The first two parts were really very easy. Just practice hard for them and a bit of common sense will do. The third part was too tough and lengthy. The time you get is short. So prepare well the English part for Infosys test.
After the aptitude test, The result was declared that night about 8 o'clock. Out of 423 eligible candidates, 223 passed the apti round. The reporting time for the next day was 7:30 in the morning. So guys store your energy after the apti round will be over. :).
The next day was the Interview (Technical and HR are taken together) day. The interview in Infosys is done as per the Alphabetic order. After waiting for the whole day my time for interview came at 6:45 in the evening. This is how the interview went:
I told: May I come in sir?
Interviewer: Ya sure.
- Good Evening sir.
- hmm. Please have a sit Suman.
- Thank you sir.
- (Then he gave me a sheet of paper and asked to write my name. He was looking at my hand carefully if I was tensed or not).
- Then the interviewer asked looking at my CV: What is the exact pronunciation of your name?
- I told.
- He said: OK I am a Bengalee so can I call you as (as per bengali pronunciation).
- I smiled and said sure sir, why not!
- Looking at my CV He asked me: I am seeing there are whole lot of projects you have done. So tell me about what you are doing with IBM.
- I told.
- OK which is the recently completed one?
- I told the Ericsson one.
- He asked: OK then what have you done there? explain your role in the project and concept of the project.
- I told in details.
Before I could finish He stopped me and told: OK OK. That's quite a lot of infoys for me. (I smiled).
- (Looking at my CV) : OK then you have played a lot of cricket. So tell me what should be there in the website if you have to make a website that will work on Cricket team recruitment.
- I told my what came to my mind at that time.
- Then He asked : So Suman in which subject you are interested (Though I have mentioned three subjects in the CV).
- I told : Sir I am interested in every subjects that I learnt in B-Tech.
- Can I ask you from java Suman?
- I told ya sure sir why not. That's my favorite one.
- He asked me : OK tell me the features of Java.
- I told.
- Tell me how polymorphism is achieved.
- I told.
- He then told me to write codes how polymorphism can be achieved.
- Wrote and described him.
- He then asked some questions about JDK JVM JRE there platform dependency, versions, difference with the previous ones etc. Though those were tricky but I answered correctly and confidently.
- Ok tell me about your hobby. What do you teach?
- I told.
- Then He asked me OK you are a football fanatic. Who is your favorite player?
- I told Eden Hazard.
- Then he started talking about football. About Chelsea. About the other players. The conversation on football went for quite a long time.
After I finished He asked me: You seem to be a very confident guy. What is the source of your confidence?
- I asked: about what sir?
- About today's interview.
- I replied with a catchy line and he was quite impressed and appreciated.
He then continued: Why Infosys?
- I told.
Why have you taken IT as a subject?
- I told.
He smiled and said: OK Suman I m done with it. Do you have any question for me?
- I asked his name and quite a few questions about there company, research and development and all.
He then answered all of them in between and asked: Any other questions?
- I told no sir that's all.
Then told me to take a toffee from his table. I took a green one. HE asked why green?
I said : Sir, Go green. He smiled.
I asked: Is the interview over?
He said: ya. It was very nice having you here Suman. Thanks.
- Thank you sir. Nice to meet you too. Good night.
That was all. The interviewer was really cool.
I came out at 6:55.
The result was announced at 9 o'clock.
173 students were selected from our college and I was one of them. :).
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.