Infosys Interview Experience - 12th and 13th of September, 2014
It was an online aptitude test of 90 mins in total.
1. Logical and Arithmetic Reasoning- Pretty basic stuff this part. Data sufficiency, Data interpretation, Logical deduction, Reasoning :: 15Q, 20 mins.
2. Mathematical Reasoning- This was the toughest part in the whole paper. Not because it was time constrained but it would take a lot of time to reach to the most obvious conclusion. There was a single puzzle type paragraph followed by 5 questions which consumed mostly enough time. Other questions were based on probability, time and distance, sequence, relationship and cryptarithmetic. :: 10Q, 35mins.
3. Verbal Ability- It will be what you have heard till now about the standard Infosys maintains in this section. There was grammar rectification, fill in the blanks, active/passive voice etc. This section will only be problem for you if your English is not very strong. :: 40Q, 35mins.
For all I suggest you follow the Indiabix site in detail, solve your logical and arithmetical abilities from R. S. Aggarwal or any standard book and if you have time in hand pick up a Wren and Martin book and practice basic English grammar or keep reading a standard national English newspaper. It will be all good.
A PI with the Infosys panellist was a delight. The main ingredient for the interview is confidence in what you know. They won't keep grilling you if you are a non-CS or non-IT student but they look for your basic soft skills. But still its necessary to add that you need to have basic knowledge of programming after all its an IT company majorly.
Get an in depth knowledge about your Industrial training/workshops. Know your final year project well in detail. Know your core subject papers well because there is no greater discredit when they ask you about your stream and you are unable to answer. Don't be scared for the fact simply, as they are there to converse with you not reject you after only seeing your face. My time of interaction was for about 25 mins so I will just put it in a nutshell what you need to be prepared for.
1. Know the meaning of your name (Yes, it was my first question :D).
2. Keep in mind the time of the day.
3. Be steady.
4. Be prepared to introduce yourself and tell about yourself.
5. Know why you want to get into IT (for non CS candidates).
6. Know your stream subjects.
7. Know basic programming (Exp: C or java, preferable if both).
8. Be ready for skill questions about your qualities (always site examples).
9. It never hurts to keep a smile, so do.
10. Know your resume well.
11. Never try to influence the person; they are experienced than us and will see through it. Respect their position.
12. If you are asked to ask them any question, being a fresher keep your ambitions at bay for the moment; not everyone might appreciate it.
12. Most important: Keep faith in yourself that YOU CAN DO IT.
All the best to you guys. Keep your cool. Go for it.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.