INFOSYS PAPER AT HYDERABAD
INFOSYS PAPER AT VASAVI
COOLLEGE OF ENGG, HYDERABAD
The aptitude round was a bit tough with 10 puzzles (1 hour time) and verbal skills( half hour-very easy)...i think i did well in both the tests...after you get through that, if you have decent communication skills and if you are able to solve the puzzle he puts to you (he looks at only the approach, not the soln.) then, WELCOME TO INFY....START LIFE AS AN INFOSCION!
First there was a two hour presentation by the HRs...It was a bit boring but they told us amazing facts about infy. Then we had a fill an elaborate form with every single detail that i ve known all my life. Then started the real thing. The puzzle test! Here are a few Questions that i remember.....
1. The cigarette problem. 27 cigarettes.A person smokes only 2/3 rds, then finds out that he can make a new one out of three cigarette butts. How many cigs does he smoke totally. Ans: 40
2.: There is a die. how many ways can u arrange 1,2,3,4,5,6 on the faces of the die such that 1&6, 2&5 and 4&3 alway s remain on opposite faces.
3.There are five persons in an office in the post of buyer, clerk, footwalker, manager,cashier. Allen, Benett, Clark, Ewinger, Davis holds the post. Among the 5 two have their lunch time from 11:30 - 12:30 and the rest have it in 12:30 - 1:30
Mrs Allen and Mrs Benett are sisters.
Cashier and clerk share their lunch among themselves.
Two Bachelors share their rooms.
Davis and Ewinger do not face each other from the day Davis reported Ewinger to the Manager when he returned from lunch and found out that Ewinger ha s already left for lunch before time. --> 8 marks
4)An artist has exactly seven paintings --- ,T,U,V,W,X,Y, and Z -- from which she must choose exactly five to be in an exhibit. Any combination is acceptable provided it meets the following conditions:
* If T is chosen , X cannot be chosen
* If U is chosen , Y must also be chosen
* If V is chosen , X must also be chosen
1) Which one of the following is an acceptable combination of paintings for inclusion in the exhibit?
When T is present X shud be excluded so above cases failed. When V is there X must be there so
2) If painting T is chosen to be among the paintings included in the exhibit which one of the following cannot be chosen to be among the paintings included in the exhibit?
when T is there X not there, so if u include V it brings X along with it
3)Which one of the following substitutions can the artist always make without violating restrictions affecting the combination of paintings given that the painting mentioned first was not, and the painting mentioned first was not, and the painting mentioned second was, originally going to be chosen ?
A. T replaces V
B. U replaces Y
C. V replaces X
D. W replaces Y
E. Z replaces W
There r no such conditions for Z and W ,they can be selected as u want.
4) If the artist chooses painting V to be included among the paintings in the exhibit, which one of the following must be true of that combination of paintings?
A. T is not chosen
B. Y is not chosen
C. U is chosen
D. W is chosen
E. Z is chosen
When V is there, X included, which contradicts T s condtn, so it must be excluded
(5) A vendor who is an ex-mathematician has a number of apples and when he arranges them in rows of 3 he is left with one more, when he arranges them in rows of 5 again he is left with 1 more, Same happens with when he tries to arrange them in rows of 7 and 9 that is 1 apple is left extra. But when he arranges them in a row of 11 he is left with none. Can u tell me how many apples were there?
The no is a multiple of 3,5,7,9 + a remainder of 1. So 3* 5* 7* 9= 945 + 1 =946 946 /11= 86 So it is divisible by 11 also.
6. the staircase problem.When i am on the 4th step , a professor is starting from the ground floor.When i reach the seventh step he finishes climbing them. His speed is twice that of mine.find the number of steps.
7.Another,very easy problem of ages...dont even think about it.
8. I dont remember this prob exactly but it had characters like Lafoot, Black JAck, Long john,will Kidd.U will find it in other papers.
After that we had to wait for around 5 hours for the interview. Interviewer was reaaaally cool. We were speaking like friends. He asked me about my native place Kerala. He also tried to frighten me by saying that he would ask me tech quesns but I asked him to do so. He asked me a silly question on IC engines. Then he asked me to speak on a topic for 2mins.I spoke really well. He was very impressed. After that we spoke philosophy for a few mins!! He asked me a puzzle (magic square) .I did?nt know the answer but as soon as I put the first number in the right place (2 seconds) he asked me if I had any questions for him! I guess he wanted me that badly! I asked him a couple of questions and then left politely. The key to crack the interview is to be COOL,CONFIDENT and CHEERFUL no matter what..These three C?s are very important. Keep on smiling no matter how badly he?s screwing u!
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.