Campus Placement Papers Infosys (Part -1)
Paper : Campus Placement Papers Infosys (Part -1)
1. There is a merry-go-round race going on.One person says,"1/3 of those in front of me and 3/4 of those behind me, give the total number of children in the race". Then the number of children took part in the race? (repeated from previous papers)
[ Assume there are x participants in the race.In a round race,no: of participants in front of a person wil be x-1 an that behind him wil b x-1. i.e, 1/3(x-1) + 3/4(x-1) = x ; solving x = 13 ]
2. In an Island the natives lie and visitors speak truth. A man wants to know whether a salesman beside him in a bar is a native or visitor. He asked him to ask a woman beside him whether she is a native or visitor. He replied "she says she is a visitor". Then he knew that the salesman is a native or visitor. salesman is in which category , native or visitor?
[ Draw table and see ]
3.A man fixed an appointment to meet the manager, Manager asked him to come two days after the day before the day after tomorrow. Today is Friday. When will the manager expect him? (repeated from previous papers)
[Don't confuse it with Tuesday.the correct answer is Monday]
5.A man said he spent 1/6 of his as a child, 1/12 as salesman in a liquor shop, 1/7 and 5 years as a politician and a good husband respectively. At that time Jim was born. Jim was elected as Alderman four years back.when he was half of his age. What is his age? (repeated from previous papers)
Ans: 84 years
[Assume that he lived x years. X/6 + x/12 + x/7 + 5 + 4 + x/2 = x. Solving x= 84, Same as Question in Shakundala Devi book]
6.Jack,Doug and Ann, 3 children had a running race while returning from school.Mom asked who won the race. Then Jack replied" I wont tell u.I wil give u a clue,When Ann takes 28 steps Doug takes 24 steps, meantime I take 21 steps. Jack explained that his 6 steps equals Droug's 7 steps and Ann's 8 steps. Who won the race? (repeated from previous papers)
[ Ann steps = 8,16,24,28 --- finished by 3 & half full steps
Doug steps=7,14,21,24 --- finished before 3 & half full steps
Jack steps= 6,12,18,21 --- finished by 3 & half full steps
So Doug won the race ]
7. Every day a cyclist meets a car at the station.The road is straight and both are travelling in the same direction. The cyclist travels with a speed of 12 mph.One day the cyclist comes late by 20 min. and meets the car 5miles before the Station. What is the speed of the car?
Ans: 60 mph
[Very similar to Shakuntala Devi puzzles to puzzle you problem no: 38 ]
9.A lady goes for shopping. She bought some shoestrings. 4 times the number of shoestrings, she bought pins and 8 times, handkerchiefs. She paid each item with their count as each piece's cost. She totally spent Rs. 3.24.How many handkerchiefs did she buy? (repeated from previous papers)
10. Complete the series :
a) 3,6,13,26,33,66,____(repeated from previous papers)
b) 364,361,19,16,4,1,___( " " " )
Ans: a) 63
11. Lucia is a wonderful grandmother. Her age is between 50 and 70.Each of her sons have as many sons as they have brothers. Their combined number gives Lucia?s age. What is the age?
12.There are two towers A and B. Their heights are 200ft and 150ft respectively and the foot of the towers are 250ft apart. Two birds on top of each tower fly down with the same speed and meet at the same instant on the ground to pick a grain. What is the distance between the foot of tower A and the grain?
13 Grass in lawn grows equally thick and in a uniform rate. It takes 40 days for 40 cows and 60 days for 30 cows to eat the whole of the grass. How many days does it take for 20 cows to do the same?
13. Four tourists A,B,C,D and four languages English, German, French and Italian. They are not able to converse among themselves in one language. Though A does not know English he can act as an interpreter between B and C. No one spoke both French and German. A knows German and was able to converse with D who doesn?t know a word in German. Only one language was spoken by more than two persons. Each spoke two languages. Find who spoke what.
Ans: A- German,Italian
14. There is a five digit number. It has two prime digits (1 is not a prime number). Third digit is the highest. Second digit is the lowest. First digit is one less than the third digit. The fifth digit is half of the fourth. The sum of 4th and 5th is less than the first. Find the number.
Ans ? 71842
15.6. Four persons A, B, C and D are playing cards. Each person has one card, laid down on the table below him, which has two different colours on either side. No card has the same color on both sides. The colours visible on the table are Red, Green, Red and Blue respectively. They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment.
A: Yellow or Green
B: Neither Blue nor Green
C: Blue or Yellow
D: Blue or Yellow
Given that out of the 4 people 2 always lie find out the colours on the cards each person.
Ans: A- Yellow
16. A 1 k.m. long wire is held by n poles. If one pole is removed, the length of the gap becomes 12/3m. What is the number of poles initially?
17. Find the digits X,Y,Z
X X X X
Y Y Y Y +
Z Z Z Z
Y X X X Z
Ans: X Y Z
9 1 8
18. A man starts walking at 3 pm . ha walks at a speed of 4 km/hr on level ground and at a speed of 3 km/hr on uphill , 6 km/hr downhill and then 4 km/hr on level ground to reach home at 9 pm. What is the distance covered on one way?
Ans: 12 km
19. A grandma has many sons; each son has as many sons as his brothers. What is her age if it?s the product of the no: of her sons and grandsons plus no: of her sons?(age b/w 70 and 100).
20. An electric wire runs for 1 km b/w some no: of poles. If one pole is removed the distance b/w each pole increases by 1 2/6 (mixed fraction). How many poles were there initially?
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.