INFOSYS PAPER - 06 AUG 2006 - HYDERABAD
This is JYOTHI SWAROOP REDDY. I attended infosys on 6th august at hyderabad ALL THE QUESTIONS WERE REPEATED
The paper is as follows
1) The time taken by a Passenger train to overtake a Freight train is twice of what it takes for the Passenger Train to pass the Freight Train when they are in opposite direction. What is the relation between their Velocities?
2) This one is a very log question but easy if you have time to read and solve! It will consume lot of time, so do it at last, (8 Marks)
There are 5 towns - nalanda, thrilothika, rampur, solanpur and maninagar. So say N, T, S, R, M. Out of these, 4 are capitals, 3 industrial towns, two hill stations, two towns are on same longitude. Population of two cities is less than five lakhs and that of one city is 20 lakhs, also of other two cities is more than 50 lakhs. Thirlothika is an industrial town. Maninagars population is 20 lakhs. There are 4 capitals and two industrial towns. Now some data are given involving longitudes and latitudes such as, one of the hill stations do not lie in the longitude in which the harbour which is also an industrial town lies and so on. Rampur and thrilothika lies on same longitude. Solapur and Maninagar lies on same latitude like that. And also, the population of the towns is involved from which the following four questions should be answered,
combinations were given for each question )
a. Which of the following combination has less than 5 lakhs population.
Ans: Nalanda and Rampur
The town which is a harbour, industrial town and capital
c. Which of the following combination have more than 50 lakhs population.
Ans: Thrilothika and solanpur
d. The town that is not a capital
3) A cow is standing 5 feet from the middle of the bridge. A train is coming towards the cow at speed of 90 miles per hour from the near end and the train is twice as long as the bridge. If the cow had tried to move forward in the same direction as of the train then the cow would have got hit be three feet. But it moved in opposite direction to the train and saved by one feet. Then What is the length of the bridge?
4) In a Park, there were certain birds in each tree. Number of birds in each tree equals to the number of trees in the park. The gate keeper is sure that there are around 2000 - 2100 birds altogether in the park.What is the total number of trees in the park?
Ans: 45 trees.
Ans:there are x no of trees.n no of birds=x*x, so check out d perfect square b/w
2000 n 2100. ans is 45
5) A man built a house. He should pay amount to these persons: paper hanger, painter, plumber, merchant , carpenter. He found that, ha should pay for
6) clark, jones, mason, smith are 4 ppl. there are 4 professions druggists, grocer, butcher, policeman. find out who is who?
1. clark and jones are neighbours and they drive each other to work.
2. jones earns more than mason
3. the police man earns more than the druggists .
4. the policeman does not have a druggists as a neighbour.
5. the butcher walks to work
6. policeman does not meet the grocer until he arrests him for commiting an offence
7. clark beats smith every time they play cricket.
Ans: smith - policeman
clark - druggist
7) Goerge said.."i bought yellow banabnas @ 30 cents/bunch and the same number of red bananas @ 40 cents /each. If i had divided the money evenly then i would have got 2 bunches" to Mr.James and he asked george "What is the amount?" George replied "you hav to tell me the amount". Can you find what is the amount.
8) There are three children ann,eve and carl..
"Ann wears blue if and only if eve wears red,carl and ann cannot wear blue at a time n either eve or carl can wear red at a time not both"
Which color dress does ann wear?
9)SLOWCOACH express starts from Mumbai to Amritsir everyday at 9:00hrs and the up n down journey takes 3 days and after 3 days it reach its destination at 9:30hrs.Suppose you are travelling in that express how many trains can you observe with the same name..
1).There where two people Henry,Ford and their wives ..Georrgian and Eifel ..who seated on a square table,and they had few instruments in their hand like violin..trumpet..etc...and few conditions were given..like
Person who sits opp. to Henry plays trumpet...
Find who plays violin.
FRENDS CHECK THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ATTENDING THE TEST
1. PUZZLE TO PUZZLE U (MUST)
2. MORE PUZZLE (NOT THAT IMPORTANT)
3. 2003,2004,2005,2006 PAPERS(MUST)
ALL THE BEST FRIENDS CRACK IT
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.