INFOSYS PAPER - 15 OCT 2006 - HYDERABAD
With the combination of 15 days of vigorous hard work and GODs grace I got through the written. And today i.e. after the eve of subh diwali, I got the offer letter. So, I am very delighted to share my experience with u friends. To express my gratitude towards this group and also to thank Friends mam for her contributions, I am posting my experiences, to help all the Infy aspirants; I sincerely hope that my experiences will help u in ur preparation.
Firstly friends, let me tell u about the written test, I have solved 7 questions correctly and tried very hard for other problems as well, but didn't get the answer correctly, but I guess they are even seeing how hard we r trying for the answer. So always remember to attempt each n every question, especially the analytical one. And presenting Ur answers neatly is as very important, as they check each n every step u have written. Most of my friends didn't get through infy b'coz they did not present the procedure well or didn't number the corresponding number of the question in the answer sheet. As I was aware of mistakes made by them, I was very cautious while writing the exam.
1. A brother has as many brothers as sisters, but a sister has as half as many sisters as brothers. How many boys and girls is their in total.
Ans: Boys 4, girls 3
2. Series: 1,2,3 ,5,16,__
1, 2, 3, 8, __, 224.
Ans: 231, 27
3. 770 chestnuts are their: if tinku took 4, rinku would take 3 and for tinku taking 6, jojo took seven. With this data, find how many nuts each had?
(Puzzles to puzzles: Q no: 15)
4. If a person has 77 empty bottles, for every 5 empty bottles he gets a full bottle. So, how many full bottles can he get?
Ans: 15+3+1=19 bottles
5. A family missed the scheduled flight, to while away the time, one of the boys says to his family members that we have to wait 6 hours more which is 1/5 until midnight, if plane comes, we would have gone 2 hours earlier. Friends I could not solve this correctly.
6. A number has 5 digits, it has 2 prime numbers,(excluding 1) ,and the 2nd digit is the smallest, and 3rd digit is the largest ,and first digit is greater than sum of 4th and 5th and the last digit is half of 4th digit.
7. 6 people A, B, C, D, E, and F are given choice to choose for the following posts:
President, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer. But they have conditions:
-F wants to be president if e is vice president.
-B does not want president and vice-president.
-E does not work if both A & B work.
-D does not work if any of A & B works
-C works only if F works along with B.
A very easy question
8. Fours persons a, b, c, d are playing cards. Each of them has one card, laid down on the table below him, which has 2 different colors on either side. No card has the same color on both sides. The colors visible on the table are red, green, red and blue respectively. They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comments
A: yellow or green
B: neither blue nor green
C: blue or yellow
D: blue or yellow
Ans: a-false (yellow), b-true (yellow), c-true (green), d-false (red)
9. A lady goes for shopping, she bought some shoestrings.4 times the number of shoestrings, she bought pins and 8 times the shoestrings, and she bought handkerchiefs. She paid each item with their count as much paisa as each piece costs. She totally spent Rs.3.24/-.how many handkerchiefs did she buy?
Ans: 16(please check once, not sure about this)
10. I am unable to recall the question correctly and I thought that question is a new one, but my friends said that they saw this question in previous papers also,..So please go through the previous question papers. Any how ,the question goes like this "there are 2 trains ,the cylinder of one of the 2 trains bursts in the way ,so they get delayed by 2 hours, if it would have happened 55 miles later after they started ,they would have been delayed by "sorry I am unable to recall friends"
A small word to my friends:
Life is full of misfortunes which never actually occur.
So friends, end all ur inhibitions and make ur confident self come out in the interview, then rest would be history.
All the Best.
Tip: pray to god, or do some mediation before going inside, and do not forget to do few rehearsals of the interview while u r preparing for the written test itself.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.