INFOSYS PAPER - 11 SEP 2005 - CHENNAI
1) A person is 80 years old in 490 and only 70 years old in 500 in which year is he born?
2) A boss tells "1/6th of his life in childhood,1/12th of his in youth and 1/7 of his in bachelor, five years more in politics and socialization. This brought me up to jimmy born. Jimmy was elected for the governor four years ago, when he was half my present age." Find the boss age.
Ans: 84 years
3) I was driving in a car at a particular speed I saw a speed limit board 0f 2 digits after a hr again I saw speed limit board reverse of the previous 2 digits and had same number as previous and after a hr again saw the 2 digits backward and forward separated by zero (3 digit) as speed limit board. what was the speed at which I was traveling ?
Ans: 45kmph 16,61,106
4) A girl visits to her cousin's house for a vacation. They both played a game for all the days she stayed there for every win they need to give a chocolate to the other. At the day when she left she had given 12 chocolates but had won 8 games. Find how many days she stayed there ?
5) Husband says if we sell 75 chickens from our farm we can feed the chickens for 20 days and if we buy 100 chickens we would finish the feed is days sooner. how many chickens were there?
6) Two trains one from New York to Washington and the other from Washington to NY travel daily. The train from NY to Washington start for every one hour and the train from Washington to NY start for every one hour and an half an hour (read this line carefully). Time taken by the trains to cover the distance between is 5 hours. Find how many trains does the train from NY to Washington happens to meet on its way?
Ans: 7 trains (check it)
7) Four persons who uses four different things like hat, gloves, tie, scarf. There were eleven sentences given out of which we must find the correct combination. This is really tough (try from Barrons the analytical section )
( 8 marks)
8) A captain coaches his four students out of the five men including the captain only three will be selected. We need to find the number 1,2,3 position among the men selected. Here around seven sentences are given
( 6 marks)
9) Mr. Solicitor meets his friend at an hour to the birth of summer. So they plans to fix a time to meet( a complex English statement would be given).
Ans: 10 AM( check it)
10) Clark, Jones, Mason, Smith are 4 people, there are four professions druggists, grocer, butcher, policemen. Find who is who?
1.clark and Jones are neighbors and they drive each other to work.
2.Jones earn more than mason
Like this totally 6 sentences are given.( 8 marks)
Prepare the Barrons GRE analytical section.
Previous old and latest papers helps you a lot
Then you can prepare books like Shakuntala, Summers, Ravi Narula but infy papers are very crucial.
Its consists of one reading comprehension passage, fill in the blanks based on correct form of tense, fill in the blanks with appropriate word among the four choices given, and picking out the wrong statement among four given statements. In total forty questions are there and the time given is 30 minutes.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.