INFOSYS PAPER & INTERVIEW - 13 NOV 2005 - BANGALORE
Thanks to Friends for your help.
No. of ppl appeared 4 the test:- around 2000
Books to be referred:- George Summers the first part, Shakuntala Devi both the books & solve previous yrs Q papers.
PATTERN OF THE PAPER:
I part :-Aptitude(puzzles + arithmetic problems)10 Q's ,Duration:-60 mins.
II part:-English(comprehension, filling in the proper words, meaning of the idioms, filling in the proper verbs, choosing the right sentence that differs in the tense & analogies type).45 Q's,Duration:-30mins.
NOTE:- Cut-off for both the sections separately.
1) Hancy,Alex & Alisa are 3 good friends.Either Alex or Alisa is the oldest.Among hancy & Alex ,either of them is the oldest or the youngest.find out who is the oldest n the youngest among them. (3 marks)
2) There are 4 married couples.A committee of 3 out of the 8 ppl has to be formed.give the no. of ways in which it can be done. (3 marks)
Ans. 24 ways(check it).
3) Fodder, pepsi and cereale often eat dinner out.
a) each orders either coffee or tea after dinner.
b) if fodder orders coffee, then pepsi orders the drink that cereale orders
c) if pepsi orders coffee, then fodder orders the drink that cereale doesnot oder.
d) if cereale orders tea, then fodder orders the drink that pepsi orders
Which person/persons always orders the same drink after dinner ?(4 marks)
4) Ann and Bell wrote an exam. Their father asked,"How did u do it?".
Ann said," I answered 1/3 rd of the questions right". Bell said," I
answered 5 of the questions wrong". But both together had answered
3/4th of the questions correctly.
How many did Ann answer correctly? (5 marks)
Ans. 20(check it)
5)I didn't get enough time to solve this Q.The Q may not be correct but 4 getting an idea I m tryin to recollect the Q.. its something like this...Mr. A,B,C&D have their profession as architect,druggist,grocer & dentist but not in order.few conditions were given like as follows:-
a)Mr. A earns twice as much as the druggist
b)Mr.D earns 3770 more than the dentist
c)Mr. C earns not more than twice of druggist
d)few more conditions sorry cant remember...
Find out each one's profession. (8 marks)
6) Two trains one from New York to Washington and the other from Washington to NY travel daily. The train from NY to Washington start for every one hour and the train from Washington to NY start for every one hour and an half an hour (read this line carefully). Time taken by the trains to cover the distance between is 5 hours. Find how many trains does the train from NY to Washington happens to meet on its way? (5 marks)
Ans. 11 trains
Let us consider the train frm NY to WT leaves at 9 am then it wil reach at 2pm.at the same time the trains frm WT to NY wil leave at 9,9.30,10,10.30,11,11.30,12,12.30,1.00,1.30 & 2pm=11 trains.
7) Find the missing no. in series: (6 marks)
8). B & C initially speak English but when D joined Spanish, they also took up Spanish. The only common language between A, B and E is French. The only common language between C and E is Italian. Three people speak Portuguese. Most common language is Spanish. One person knows all 5 languages. One person knows 4. One person knows 3. One person 2. One person 1.Who speaks what ? (8 marks)
9) A horse covers half of the distance with a speed of 12km/hr with no load.After the horse is loaded with some load its speed decreases by 4km/hr. find out the average speed. (3 marks)
10) Afarmer grows 5 crops in two consecutive years which are kale,beans,corn,peas & ragi.if he grows beans then he gows corn along with that.If he grows kale in one year then he doesn't grow kale the next year.In each year he grows only 3 crops.find out the combination of the crops grown in 2 consecutive years. (5 marks)
Some options were given, don't remember them but it was very easy.
It was for around half an hour.2 sirs took my interview asked me the normal questions n gave me 2 puzzles to solve.asked 5 uses of wooden duster other than dusting.asked one q regarding the ball thrown in the same direction could b cought or not n few more things.
Just be confident while answering.
ALL the best to all of u appearing for the test.hope this information provided by me would b helpful for u ppl.
JUST BELIEVE IN GOD & DO HARDWORK,GOD WE'LL SURELY LISTEN TO OUR PRAYERS.
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.