INFOSYS PAPER - 27 NOV 2005 - HYDERABAD
Infosys exam held on 27th nov 2005 hyderabad
Hello Friends I wrote exam in infosys on 27th nov 2005, Paper was a bit easy. There were 10 puzzles in analytical.
1. A thief was sentenced to jail for 60 days. In jail he earns 7 rs a day on which he works. and rs 3 will be deducted from the amount if he does not work for a day.Now while leaving the jail he takes back with him 170 rs. How many days did he work?
7(w)-3(nw)=170 ---------eq 1
w+nw = 60 -------------eq 2
here 'w' is no of working days and nw is now of days in which he did not work.
Solving these two we get the answer as 35 days
2. A merchant buys cloth from a retailer. By selling the cloth he earns 40% profit. But the meter stick he uses is a false one. So earns a profit of only 39%. And the meter stick he uses to buy the cloth is exact one, now find the length of the meter stick which he uses to sell???( this one stumped me)
3. A man came from usa , he was fat so he decided to walk to reduce fat in his body. So he daily starts walking at exactly at 3pm he walks at 4km/hr for some distance and then 3km/hr on inclined road while going up. And 6km/hr while coming down and 4km/hr on the normal road. While returning also he follows the same road. He returns home at 9pm. Now find the distance he travelled for oneway!!!!!
(just don't answer it from previous papers friends)
Ans 12 km for one way and 24km for to way..
4. hey this is our favourite question. Yellow yellow blue green is the answer.
I shall type the question now Names are differently given
Four persons A, B, C and D are playing cards. Each person has one card, laid down on the table below him, which has two different colors on either side. The colors visible on the table are Red, Green, Red and Blue. They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment.
A: Yellow or Green
B: Neither Blue nor Green
C: Blue or Yellow
D: Blue or Yellow
Given that out of the 4 people 2 always lie find out the colors on the cards each person.
5. This is also well repeated one.
Three persons A, B &C went for a robbery in different directions and they theft one horse, one mule and one camel. They were caught by the police and when interrogated gave the following statements
A: B has stolen the horse
B: I didn't rob anything.
C: both A & B are false and B has stolen the mule.
The person who has stolen the horse always tell the truth and The person who has stolen the camel always tell the lie. Find who has stolen which animal?
Ofcourse names were changed this is very easy one.
6. A lady was out for shopping. She gave half of her money to a beggar and gave 1 cent to the begger. futher she gave half of her remaining money and gave 2 cents to 2nd beggar . futher she gave half of remaining money to third beggar gave 3 cents more to same beggar. now she is left with 1 cent. how much she had in the beginning?
Ans 42 cents
7. I don't remember the exact question exactly!!!
There were 7 members in a group A,B,C,D,E,F,G.
They would have holidays on a different day of a week. But no two will have holidays on the same day of the week.4 conditions were given
1st---- f is on Thursday and F is exactly inbetween B and C.
2nd---- C has holiday before A.
3rd----two days gap between D and E ( this was twisted as "E has holiday after 3 days the day before D")
4th --- (I don't remember exactly) but it was related to G.
Now find out on which days A,B,C,D have holidays???
Mon tue wed thu fri sat sun
G D B F E C A
8. B & C initially speak English but when D joined spanish, they also took up spanish. The only common language between A, B and E is French. The only common language between C and E is Italian. Three people speak Portuguese. Most common language is spanish.One person knows all 5 languages. One person knows 4. One person knows 3. One person 2. One person 1.Who speaks what ?
ans: I cant explain u answers for these logical questions,
9. There were 4 boys playing a game in which the person who is the strongest would win. The 4 boys were tom, hank, bill & Joe. Hank could pull bill & Joe with some effort. Hank & bill together could just hold Joe and tom (i.e., neither could pull each other). But when hank & Joe interchanged their places, bill and Joe could be easily pulled.(here comes the twist friends, arrange the members in the ascending order of their strengths!!!!!!!)
Becareful while answering previous questions even in the 3rd question there was the twist!!!!!!!! Don't blindly answer from the previous years question papers)
Friends be little more cautious
10. problem on series
ans : a) 30,20
I did 9 problems I cleared the exam on 27th I had my interview on 28th nov 2005, I shall send my interview experience in the next mail.
Till then bye friends.
Finally I could clear the test because of Friends madam, this is very good group for the job seekers with out their help I might have not cleared the exam friends!
Once a gain thanks to Friends and the people who are organizing. U are doing excellent job!!!
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.