INFOSYS PAPER - 30 NOV 2003 - BANGALORE
I am a first time writer to this group. Friends jobs proved to be extremely helpful...to me for taking up the infy test...hats off..to all those who have contributed...
i gave the infy test on novemeber 30, morning batch..b'lore. I am hereby mentioning all the questions, though not exactly..word to word...
english paper was quite o.k.
I am not sure about all my answers. For those who r aspiring to give the test... stick to shakuntala devi(2 books), george summers, ravi narula & Friends jobs...(i think by now, i don't need to tell this!!!)
here goes the Q-Paper:
BANGALORE MORNING BATCH
30 NOVEMBER 2003
* Please do not write/mark on the question paper.
* Read the questions carefully. Work your answers carefully and as rapidly as
* Do not spend too much time on questions that seem difficult for you.If time
permits go back to the ones you have left out.
* Answer sheets have been provided to you separately. Use the first sheet to
write your answers and use the remaining sheets for the detailed working.
* On completion, please put your answer sheet along with the working sheets,
inside the question paper and hand them back to us.
* There is no negative marking.
* Do not turn the page until you are told to do so.
TOTAL MARKS 50
1) Ann,Brian,Cedric and Dave were Architect,Barber,Caretaker and Dentist not
necessarily in that order.
a)Atleast one but not all have the initials of occupation and name as same
b)The architect did not have 'r' in his name
c)The dentist and barber had exactly one alphabet common in their names.
Tell the occupation of Ann and Cedric (4 marks)
2) John had a square farm.This year he had a larger square patch and hence he had 211 cabbages more than previous year.How many cabbages did he have the previous
3) An old man had 1000 rs. and he wanted to distribute them among his five sons according to their ages such that a son received 20 rs more than the younger one.Watson was the youngest one.How much did watson receive.?
4) There are 100 bulbs and 100 switches,one switch for each bulb.Initially all the
switches are ON and the bulbs are glowing.Then following actions are
a)The switch numbers divisible by 2 are turned OFF if they are ON, and turned ON if they are OFF.
b)The switch numbers divisible by 3 are turned OFF if they are ON ,and turned
ON if they are OFF.
c)The switch numbers divisible by 4 are turned OFF if they are ON ,and turned
ON if they are OFF.
and so on.....till swich numbers divisible by 100...
Find the number of bulbs glowing at the end.(6 marks)
5) An old man had some gold coins which he wanted to distribute among his 5 sons and 5 daughters.He gives 1 gold coin to his driver and then 1/5 of remaining to his first son.Again he gives 1 coin to his driver and 1/5 of the remaining to his second son and so on till the last son.He does the same thing with his daughters.How many gold coins did the old man have initially.?(6 marks)
6) A murder took place and there were 5 witnesses who give the following
description about the murderer...
witness A-murderer had blue eyes,he was tall,he wore a hat and vest.
witness B-murderer had black eyes,he was short,he wore a hat and vest
witness C-murderer had brown eyes,he was Medium sized,he wore a hat and raincoat
witness D-murderer had grey eyes,he was tall,he didnt wear a hat and he wore a
Each one of them gave exactly one fact correct.Describe the murderer in terms of eyes,height,hat,vest and raincoat.(6 marks)
7) A weighing pan was faulty as it had one arm longer than the other. 3 cubeweights on right side balanced 8 potweights on left side and 6 cubeweights
on left side balanced 1 potweight on right side.One cube weight weighs one ounce then find weight of one potweight.(4 marks)
8) When the actual time passes 1hr the wall clock is 10 min behind it. when 1 hr is shown by wall clock, table clock shows 10 min ahead of it. when table clock shows 1 hr the alarm clock goes 5minbehind it,when alarm clock goes 1 hr wrist watch is 5 min ahead of it assuming that all clocks are correcrt with actual tinme at 12 noon what will be time shown by wrist watch at 5.00 pm.(6 marks)
9) 32 marbles are to be distributed.Ann gets 1,Mary gets 2, Rose gets 3 and Lisa gets 4.John Brown gets as much as his sister.Tim Smith gets 2 times as much as his sister.Neil Johnson gets 3 times as much as his sister.Sam Paul gets 4 times as much as his sister.Find the surnames of Ann,Mary,Rose and Lisa.(4 marks)
10) B & C initially speak English but when D joined spanish,they also took up
spanish.The only common language between A, B and E is French.The only common language between C and E is Italian.Three people speak Portuguese. Most common language is spanish.One person knows all 5 languages. One person knows 4. One person knows 3. One person 2. One person 1. Who speaks what ? (6 marks).
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.