iGate Interview Experience - iGate Office, Bengaluru, 28th November 2015
Attended on 10th October 2014, at Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bangalore. There were around 1000 candidates from various colleges and cleared were 70-90. I couldn't clear aptitude test as I answered around 28 questions correctly and marked the rest questions blindly. The cut off was 42 out of 50. Job role was software engineer and package 3.15 Lpa.
2. IGATE (2nd time)
I applied on company website on 21st October & got a call to attend the interview on 22nd November to attend the interview on 28th November. I made up my mind somehow I must clear the written test. I decided this is the last company and that I should crack the interview. I practised quants from R. S. Aggarwal. I read some candidates interview experience and made a strategy that I must clear the written test.
I practised logical reasoning from IndiaBix. Finally I practised iGATE questions from m4maths. Designation: Software Engineer. Reporting time was 8 AM. I reached there at 8:45 AM. There was a long queue for half the road. While entering they gave interview slot no. Then took to the basement of the company for checking the APP ID. Then we were sent for taking up the test. OMR sheet was given. I wrote my test sitting in the first floor of canteen. There were around 160 -170 candidates. I cleared the written test. From 160 batch 24 were selected.
Around 100 candidates were selected for TI.
These are the questions asked in TI:
- Are you interested in software field or hardware field?
- Explain about your project.
- What are the concepts you have studied in Network analysis?
- Tell me about your family background?
- Do you know C and C++ programming?
- Do you know about networking and communication concepts?
- Do you know about data structures (replied basics)?
- What is dream role you want to become, rather than software engineer?
- What you want to become?
- What is the cost of the sensor used in your project?
- What is the use of your project to the society, is the project useful for real time application?
Then they took me for HR interview. This was just a five minute chat with HR.
The Questions asked were:
- Tell me about yourself?
- Are you from Andhra Pradesh?
- Are you ready for relocation?
- Are you ready to work on any business unit?
- What are you aspiring to become?
After TI some of the candidates were rejected, for some candidates HR round was first conducted, some candidates were rejected after TI & HR. So finally around 60-80 candidates were taken for document verification and I was one among them. They took the self-attested photocopies of marks cards from 10th to graduation, photocopy of ID proof. They told that Campus Support will contact you for further communication. I got a call on Dec 8th, that you are selected and joining date is 28th Dec.
Written Test Pattern:
Aptitude English Basics.
Questions From English- 20, Verbal reasoning: Reasoning- 15, Quantitative- 15
These are the questions that I remember.
1. GAMUT Synonym.
2. After the waves come, they will___cede (prefix).
3. Paragraph on job searching technique - 4Q (keywords :HONG KONG, central idea of
passage, honesty, job seekers).
4. Articles - 2Q.
5. Preposition - 2Q.
6. Work____ (suffix) (answer is ship).
7. Arranging the sentences one after other correctly - 2Q.
8. Transitory antonym.
9. Totally antonyms - 2Q.
10. A factory produces 1 defective bulb out of 10 bulbs a year. If it produces 870 bulbs a year how many defective are produced.
11. If 15 men digs 35 cu units for 7 hours. How many men can dig 65 cu units in 5 hours?
12. Question on ages, simplification, Probability (neither black nor white selection).
13. A circle with radius 6cm and other circle with radius 8cm and their centres are separated by 10cm then what is the chord length? (From m4maths same question came so answered within 10 seconds).
14. Questions on blood relations - 3Q (one answer was brother).
15. Questions on Coding (2Q), syllogism (2Q), analogy (1Q), easy problem on speed & distance (1Q), profit and loss (1Q), R & P (1Q), % (1Q), difference in address (1Q).
16. One question on: Weights of a person for 1st, 2nd &3rd weeks, will be given in mixed fraction and the answer is no option is correct.
17. One question on logic deduction: If "king was brave is coded as "gamut atump slara and "soldiers are brave is coded as "kiter fhag slara then "brave is code as_____(answer is slara)(similar type of question).
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.