iGate Placement Paper - Gandhinagar, September 12, 2014
Talking about preparing for the aptitude test, yes you can refer IndiaBix or R S Aggarwal. But if you are using R S. Aggarwal then don't try to solve each and every sum given in the chapter. Instead, go through the formulas first and then randomly pick 20-25 questions and solve them. If you are using IndiaBix then you need to solve each and every sum given in the quant part. Logical reasoning is generally very easy and needs less practice. Verbal will be easy in iGate paper.
Also, there are no negative marks in this test so please don't leave any question unmarked. And yes, try giving at-least 10 online aptitude tests for practice. IndiaBix is good for such tests.
Again I am telling, iGate is the easiest to crack and I expect most of you to believe in this. No hazardous technical questions like other companies, no elimination from technical interviews will help you like anything. Getting selected in your first campus recruitment boosts your confidence to a great level. Just a little preparation in advance is sufficient to crack iGate.
1) Tell me about yourself. (Give your brief introduction. Remember, no family details in technical interviews. Come directly to your technical skills. ).
2) The interviewer will go through your resume and ask about your final year project.
3) About your role in the project, the work done till now and some technical questions related to the concepts covered in the work done till now.
4) DBMS topics such as normalization, difference between varchar and string. Why SQL is preferred all over the world?
5) Again they'll see your resume and some more questions based on it. For e.g, the interviewer asked me what is the difference between windows 7 and windows 8? So, the questions will be considerably easy.
6) Tell me your strengths and weaknesses. What did you try to overcome your weakness?
7) Tell me your short term and long term goals. Such questions are supposed to be asked in your HR interview generally, but you'll have to expect these in iGate's technical interview.
8) He'll ask you if you have any questions from your side.
Just put all your confidence in at the time of the interview. Keep a smile on your face, no matter how tired you are. All the interviewers in iGate are very friendly and supportive. Believe me, you'll not feel like a technical interview is actually going on!
1) Again, tell me about yourself.(Here you can say about your family after giving your introduction).
2) He'll put you as an interviewer and himself as the candidate. You'll be asked to ask him some questions. Ask him some polite questions. For e.g., I asked, "We are here since early morning and it's already late in the evening. So how are you feeling currently?" Be confident while asking and responding to his answers.
3) Then he asked me why I was wearing a tie, as I was the only one wearing a tie among those selected for technical and HR interviews. I gave him the reason, but he wasn't agreeing to my answer and also told that he doesn't like people who wear tie. I frankly told him that perceptions vary from person to person and I did what I felt. At the end, he said that "yes, wearing a tie is always a good thing in interviews. I was just checking your confidence and you stuck to your point, which is a good thing" Simple as that.
4) What do you want to be in your life?
And that was it. Two decent interviews and you are through. Just believe in yourself and be mentally present in front of the interviewer.
All the best! :).
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.