ICICI Placement Paper Part - 4
PAPER : ICICI Placement Paper Part - 4
2.When the democratic party holds presidency, the staff of the prime minister s deputies are composed
I. One-fourth of democratic party members
II. One-half of justice party members and one-fourth of conservative party members
III. One-half of conservative party members and one-fourth of justice party members.
(a) I only (b) I and II only (c) II or III but not both (d) I and II or I and III (e) None of these
3. Which of the following is allowable under the rules as stated:
(a) More than half of the staff within a given office belonging to a single party
(b) Half of the staff within a given office belonging to a single party
(c) Any person having a member of the same party as his or her immediate superior
(d) Half the total number of staff members in all three offices belonging to a single party
(e) Half the staff members in a given office belonging to parties different from the party of the top office holder in that office.
4. The office of the Army Chief passes from Conservative to Justice party. Which of the following must be fired.
(a) The democratic deputy and all staff members belonging to Justice party
(b) Justice party deputy and all his or hers staff members
(c) Justice party deputy and half of his Conservative staff members in the chief of staff office
(d) The Conservative deputy and all of his or her staff members belonging to Conservative party
(e) No deputies and all staff members belonging to conservative parties.
39. In recommendations to the board of trustees a tuition increase of $500 per year, the president of the university said "There were no student demonstrations over the previous increases of $300 last year and $200 the year before". If the president s statement is accurate then which of the following can be validly inferred from the information given:
I. Most students in previous years felt that the increases were justified because of increased operating costs.
II. Student apathy was responsible for the failure of students to protest the previous tuition increases.
III. Students are not likely to demonstrate over new tuition increases.
(a) I only (b) II only (c) I or II but not both (d) I, II and III (e) None
40. The office staff of XYZ corporation presently consists of three bookeepers--A, B, C and 5 secretaries D, E, F, G, H. The management is planning to open a new office in another city using 2 bookeepers and 3 secretaries of the present staff . To do so they plan to seperate certain individuals who don t function well together. The following guidelines were established to set up the new office
I. Bookeepers A and C are constantly finding fault with one another and should not be sent together to the new office as a team
II. C and E function well alone but not as a team , they should be seperated
III. D and G have not been on speaking terms and shouldn t go together
IV Since D and F have been competing for promotion they shouldn t be a team
1. .If A is to be moved as one of the bookeepers,which of the following cannot be a possible working unit.
2. If C and F are moved to the new office,how many combinations are possible
A.1 B.2 C.3 D.4
3. If C is sent to the new office,which member of the staff cannot go with C
A.B B.D C.F D.G
4. Under the guidelines developed,which of the following must go to the new office
A.B B.D C.E D.G
5. If D goes to the new office,which of the following is/are true
I.C cannot go II.A cannot go III.H must also go
A.I only B.II only C.I and II only D.I and III only
41.After months of talent searching for an administrative assistant to the president of the college the field of applicants has been narrowed down to 5--A, B, C, D, E .It was announced that the finalist would be chosen after a series of all-day group personal interviews were held.The examining committee agreed upon the following procedure
I.The interviews will be held once a week
II.3 candidates will appear at any all-day interview session
III.Each candidate will appear at least once
IV.If it becomes necessary to call applicants for additonal interviews, no more 1 such applicant should be asked to appear the next week
V.Because of a detail in the written applications,it was agreed that whenever candidate B appears, A should also be present.
VI.Because of travel difficulties it was agreed that C will appear for only 1 interview.
1..At the first interview the following candidates appear A,B,D.Which of the follwing combinations can be called for the interview to be held next week.
A.BCD B.CDE C.ABE D.ABC
2.Which of the following is a possible sequence of combinations for interviews in 2 successive weeks
A. ABC;BDE B. ABD;ABE C. ADE;ABC D. BDE;ACD
3. If A ,B and D appear for the interview and D is called for additional interview the following week,which 2 candidates may be asked to appear with D?
I. A II B III.C IV.E
A.I and II B.I and III only C.II and III only D.III and IV only
4. Which of the following correctly state(s) the procedure followed by the search committee
I.After the second interview all applicants have appeared at least once
II.The committee sees each applicant a second time
III.If a third session,it is possible for all applicants to appear at least twice
A.I only B.II only C.III only D.Both I and II
42. A certain city is served by subway lines A,B and C and numbers 1 2 and 3When it snows , morning service on B is delayedWhen it rains or snows , service on A, 2 and 3 are delayed both in the morning and afternoon When temp. falls below 30 degrees farenheit afternoon service is cancelled in either the A line or the 3 line,but not both When the temperature rises over 90 degrees farenheit, the afternoon service is cancelled in either the line C or the 3 line but not both.When the service on the A line is delayed or cancelled, service on the C line which connects the A line, is delayed When service on the 3 line is cancelled, service on the B line which connects the 3 line is delayed.
1. On Jan 10th, with the temperature at 15 degree farenheit, it snows all day. On how many lines will service be affected, including both morning and afternoon.
(A) 2 (B) 3 (C) 4 (D) 5
2. On Aug 15th with the temperature at 97 degrees farenheit it begins to rain at 1 PM. What is the minimum number of lines on which service will be affected?
(A) 2 (B) 3 (C) 4 (D) 5
3. On which of the following occasions would service be on the greatest number of lines disrupted.
(A) A snowy afternoon with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(B) A snowy morning with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(C) A rainy afternoon with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(D) A rainy afternoon with the temperature at 95 degree farenheit
43. In a certain society, there are two marriage groups, red and brown. No marriage is permitted within a group. On marriage, males become part of their wives groups; women remain in their own group. Children belong to the same group as their parents. Widowers and divorced males revert to the group of their birth. Marriage to more than one person at the same time and marriage to a direct descendant are forbidden
1. A brown female could have had
I. A grandfather born Red
II. A grandmother born Red
III Two grandfathers born Brown
(A) I only (B) III only (C) I, II and III (D) I and II only
2. A male born into the brown group may have
(A) An uncle in either group (B) A brown daughter (C) A brown son
(D) A son-in-law born into red group
3. Which of the following is not permitted under the rules as stated.
(A) A brown male marrying his father s sister
(B) A red female marrying her mother s brother
(C) A widower marrying his wife s sister
(D) A widow marrying her divorced daughter s ex-husband
4. . If widowers and divorced males retained their group they had upon marrying which of the following would be permissible ( Assume that no previous marriage occurred)
(A) A woman marrying her dead sister s husband
(B) A woman marrying her divorced daughter s ex-husband
(C) A widower marrying his brother s daughter
(D) A woman marrying her mother s brother who is a widower.
5. I. All G s are H s
II. All G s are J s or K s
III All J s and K s are G s
IV All L s are K s
V All N s are M s
VI No M s are G s
44. There are six steps that lead from the first to the second floor. No two people can be on the same step
Mr. A is two steps below Mr. C
Mr. B is a step next to Mr. D
Only one step is vacant ( No one standing on that step )
Denote the first step by step 1 and second step by step 2 etc.
1. If Mr. A is on the first step, Which of the following is true?
(a) Mr. B is on the second step (b) Mr. C is on the fourth step.
(c) A person Mr. E, could be on the third step (d) Mr. D is on higher step than Mr. C.
2. If Mr. E was on the third step & Mr. B was on a higher step than Mr. E which step must be vacant
(a) step 1 (b) step 2 (c) step 4 (d) step 5 (e) step 6
3. If Mr. B was on step 1, which step could A be on?
(a) 2&e only (b) 3&5 only (c) 3&4 only (d) 4&5 only (e) 2&4 only
4. If there were two steps between the step that A was standing and the step that B was standing on, and A was on a higher step than D , A must be on step
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5 (e) 6
5. Which of the following is false
i. B&D can be both on odd-numbered steps in one configuration
ii. In a particular configuration A and C must either both an odd numbered steps or both an even-numbered steps
iii. A person E can be on a step next to the vacant step.
(a) i only (b) ii only (c) iii only (d) both i and iii
45. Six swimmers A, B, C, D, E, F compete in a race. The outcome is as follows.
i. B does not win.
ii. Only two swimmers separate E & D
iii. A is behind D & E
iv. B is ahead of E , with one swimmer intervening
v. F is a head of D
1. Who stood fifth in the race ?
(a) A (b) B (c) C (d) D (e) E
2. . How many swimmers seperate A and F ?
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 (e) cannot be determined
3. The swimmer between C & E is
(a) none (b) F (c) D (d) B (e) A
4. If the end of the race, swimmer D is disqualified by the Judges then swimmer B finishes in which place
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 (e) 5
46. Five houses lettered A,B,C,D, & E are built in a row next to each other. The houses are lined up in the order A,B,C,D, & E. Each of the five houses has a colored chimney. The roof and chimney of each housemust be painted as follows.
i. The roof must be painted either green,red ,or yellow.
ii. The chimney must be painted either white, black, or red.
iii. No house may have the same color chimney as the color of roof.
iv. No house may use any of the same colors that the every next house uses.
v. House E has a green roof.
vi. House B has a red roof and a black chimney
1. Which of the following is true ?
(a) At least two houses have black chimney.
(b) At least two houses have red roofs.(c) At least two houses have white chimneys
(d) At least two houses have green roofs(e) At least two houses have yellow roofs
2. Which must be false ?
(a) House A has a yellow roof (b) House A & C have different color chimney
(c) House D has a black chimney (d) House E has a white chimney
(e) House B&D have the same color roof.
3. If house C has a yellow roof. Which must be true.
(a) House E has a white chimney (b) House E has a black chimney
(c) House E has a red chimney (d) House D has a red chimney
(e) House C has a black chimney
4. Which possible combinations of roof & chimney can house
I. A red roof 7 a black chimney
II. A yellow roof & a red chimney
III. A yellow roof & a black chimney
(a) I only (b) II only (c) III only (d) I & II only (e) I&II&III
(i). x+y=10 (ii). 2x+4y=20
48.Is angle BAC is a right angle
(i) AB=2BC (2) BC=1.5AC
49.Is x greater than y
(i) x=2k (ii) k=2y
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.