ICICI Placement Paper (Technical)
Paper: ICICI Placement Paper (Technical)
1. A 2MB PCM(pulse code modulation) has
a) 32 channels b) 30 voice channels & 1 signalling channel.
c) 31 voice channels & 1 signaling channel.
d) 32 channels out of which 30 voice channels, 1 signaling channel, & 1 Synchronization channel. Ans: (c)
2. 2. Time taken for 1 satellite hop in voice communication is
a) 1/2 second b) 1 seconds c) 4 seconds d) 2 seconds Ans: (a)
3. A dishonest shopkeeper professes to sell pulses at the cost price, but he uses a false weight of 950gm. for a kg. His gain is %.
4. Max number of satellite hops allowed in voice communication is :
a) only one b) more than one c) two hops d) four hops Ans: (c)
5. Conditional results after execution of an instruction in a micro processor is stored in a) register b) accumulator c) flag register d) flag register part of PSW(Program Status Word) Ans: (d)
6. Frequency at which VOICE is sampled is
a) 4 Khz b) 8 Khz c) 16 Khz d) 64 Khz Ans: (a)
7. Line of Sight is
a) Straight Line b) Parabolic c) Tx & Rx should be visible to each other
d) none Ans: (c)
8. Purpose of PC(Program Counter) in a Microprocessor is
a) To store address of TOS(Top Of Stack)
b) To store address of next instruction to be executed.
c) count the number of instructions.
d) to store base address of the stack. Ans: (b)
9. What action is taken when the processor under execution is interrupted by a non-maskable interrupt?
a) Processor serves the interrupt request after completing the execution of the current instruction.
b) Processor serves the interupt request after completing the current task.
c) Processor serves the interupt request immediately.
d) Processor serving the interrupt request depends upon the priority of the current task under execution. Ans: (a)
10. The status of the Kernel is
a) task b) process c) not defined. d) none of the above. Ans: (b)
11. To send a data packet using datagram , connection will be established
a) before data transmission.
b) connection is not established before data transmission.
c) no connection is required.
d) none of the above. Ans: (c)
12. Word alignment is
a) alligning the address to the next word boundary of the machine.
b) alligning to even boundary.
c) alligning to word boundary.
d) none of the above. Ans: (a)
13. When a 'C' function call is made, the order in which parameters passed to the function are pushed into the stack is
a) left to right b) right to left
c) bigger variables are moved first than the smaller variales.
d) smaller variables are moved first than the bigger ones.
e) none of the above. Ans: (b)
14. What is the type of signaling used between two exchanges?
a) inband b) common channel signaling c) any of the above
d) none of the above. Ans: (a)
15. Buffering is
a) the process of temporarily storing the data to allow for small variation in device speeds
b) a method to reduce cross talks
c) storage of data within transmitting medium until the receiver is ready to receive.
d) a method to reduce routing overhead. Ans: (a)
16. Memory allocation of variables declared in a program is
a) allocated in RAM. b) allocated in ROM. c) allocated on stack.
d) assigned to registers. Ans: (c)
17. A software that allows a personal computer to pretend as a computer terminal is
a) terminal adapter b) bulletin board c) modem d) terminal emulation
18. Find the output of the following program
printf("%d",(q-p)); Ans: 500
19. Which addressing mode is used in the following statements:
(a) MVI B,55 (b) MOV B,A (c) MOV M,A
Ans. (a) Immediate addressing mode.
(b) Register Addressing Mode
(c) Direct addressing mode
20. RS-232C standard is used in _____________. Ans. Serial I/O
21. Memory. Management in Operating Systems is done by
a) Memory Management Unit
b) Memory management software of the Operating System c) Kernel Ans: (b)
22. What is done for a Push operation?
Ans: SP is decremented and then the value is stored.
23. Binary equivalent of 52 Ans. 110100
24. Hexadecimal equivalent of 3452 Ans. 72A
25. Explain Just In Time Concept ? Ans. Elimination of waste by purchasing manufacturing exactly when needed
26. A good way of unit testing s/w program is Ans. User test
27. OOT uses Ans. Encapsulated of detect methods
28. EDI useful in Ans. Electronic Transmission
29. MRPII different from MRP Ans. Modular version of man redundant initials
30. Hard disk time for R/W head to move to correct sector Ans. Latency Time
31. The percentage of times a page number bound in associate register is called
Ans. Bit ratio
32. Expand MODEM Ans. Modulator and Demodulator
33. RDBMS file system can be defined as Ans. Interrelated
34. Super Key is Ans. Primary key and Attribute
35. Windows 95 supports
(a) Multi-user (b) n tasks (c) Both (d) None Ans. (a)
36. In the command scanf, h is used for Ans. Short int
37. A process is defined as Ans. Program in execution
38. A thread is Ans. Detachable unit of executable code)
39. A thread is Ans. Detachable unit of executable code)
40. .How is memory management done in Win95
Ans. Through paging and segmentation
41. What is meant by polymorphism
Ans. Redefinition of a base class method in a derived class
42. What is the essential feature of inheritance
Ans. All properties of existing class are derived
43. What does the protocol FTP do
Ans. Transfer a file b/w stations with user authentification
44. In the transport layer ,TCP is what type of protocol Ans. Connection oriented
45. Why is a gateway used Ans. To connect incompatible networks
46. How is linked list implemented Ans. By referential structures
47. What method is used in Win95 in multitasking Ans. Non preemptive check
48. What is a semaphore Ans. A method synchronization of multiple processes
49. What is the precedence order from high to low ,of the symbols ( ) ++ / Ans.( ) , ++, /
50. Preorder of A*(B+C)/D-G Ans.*+ABC/-DG
51. What is the efficiency of merge sort Ans. O(n log n)
52. In which layer are routers used Ans. In network layer
53. Which of the following sorting algorithm has average sorting behavior --Bubble sort, merge sort, heap sort, exchange sort Ans. Heap sort
54. In binary search tree which traversal is used for getting ascending order values--Inorder ,post order,preorder Ans.Inorder
55. What are device drivers used for Ans.To provide software for enabling the hardware
56. What are device drivers used for Ans.To provide software for enabling the hardware
57. What is make command in unix Ans. Used forcreation of more than one file
58. In unix .profile contains Ans. Start up program
59. In unix 'ls 'stores contents in Ans.inode block
60. Which of the following involves context switch,
(a) system call (b) priviliged instruction (c) floating poitnt exception
(d) all the above (e) none of the above Ans: (a)
61. 61. In OST, terminal emulation is done in
(a) sessions layer (b) application layer (c) presentation layer
(d) transport layer Ans: (b)
62. For 1 MB memory, the number of address lines required,
(a)11 (b)16 (c)22 (d) 24 Ans. (b)
63. Semaphore is used for
(a) synchronization (b) dead-lock avoidance (c) box (d) none Ans. (a)
64. Which holds true for the following statement
class c: public A, public B
a) 2 member in class A, B should not have same name
b) 2 member in class A, C should not have same name
d) none Ans. (a)
65. Preproconia.. does not do which one of the following
(a) macro (b) conditional complication (c) in type checking (d) including load file
66. Piggy backing is a technique for
a) Flow control b) Sequence c) Acknowledgement d) retransmition Ans. (c)
67. Which is not a memory management scheme?
a) buddy system b) swapping c) monitors d) paging Ans : c
68. There was a circuit given using three nand gates with two inputs and one output.
Find the output.
a) OR b) AND c) XOR d) NOT Ans. (a)
69. Iintegrated check value(ICV) are used as: Ans. The client computes the ICV and then compares it with the senders value.
70. When applets are downloaded from web sites , a byte verifier performs _________?
Ans. Status check
71. An IP/IPX packet received by a computer using... having IP/IPX both how the packet Is handled. Ans. Read the, field in the packet header with to send IP or IPX protocol.
72. The UNIX shell ....
a) does not come with the rest of the system
b) forms the interface between the user and the kernal
c) does not give any scope for programming
d) deos not allow calling one program from with in another
e) all of the above Ans. (b)
73. In UNIX a files i-node ......?
Ans. Is a data structure that defines all specifications of a file like the file size, number of lines to a file, permissions etc.
74. The very first process created by the kernel that runs till the kernel process is halts is
a) init b) getty c) both (a) and (b) d) none of these Ans. (a)
75. In the process table entry for the kernel process, the process id value is
(a) 0 (b) 1 (c) 2 (d) 255 (e) it does not have a process table entry Ans. (a)
76. Which of the following API is used to hide a window
a) ShowWindow b) EnableWindow c) MoveWindowd) SetWindowPlacement
e) None of the above Ans. (a)
77. Which function is the entry point for a DLL in MS Windows 3.1
a) Main b) Winmain c) Dllmain d) Libmain e) None Ans. (b)
78. The standard source for standard input, standard output and standard error is
a) the terminal b) /dev/null
c) /usr/you/input, /usr/you/output/, /usr/you/error respectively
d) None Ans. (a)
Erudite : scholar :: illiterate : ignorant
3i Infotech - AAI - ABACUS - ABB - Accel Frontline - Accenture - Aditi - Adobe - ADP - Agreeya - Akamai - Alcatel Lucent - Allfon - Alumnus - Amazon - Amdocs - AMI - Andhra Bank - AppLabs - Apps Associates - Aricent - Ashok Leyland - Aspire - Atos Origin - Axes - Bajaj - Bank of Maharashtra - BEL - BEML - BHEL - BirlaSoft - Blue Dart - Blue Star - BOB - BPCL - BPL - Brakes - BSNL - C-DOT - Cadence - Calsoft - Canara Bank - Canarys - Capgemini - Caritor - Caterpillar - CDAC - CGI - Changepond - Ciena - Cisco - Citicorp - CMC - Consagous - Convergys - CORDYS - Crompton - CSC - CTS - Cummins - Dell - Deloitte - Delphi-TVS - DeShaw - Deutsche - Dotcom - DRDO - EDS - EIL - ELGI - ELICO - ERICSSON - Essar - Fidelity - Flextronics - Freescale - FXLabs - GAIL - GE - Genpact - Geodesic - Geometric - Globaledge - GlobalLogic - Godrej - Google - Grapecity - HAL - HCL - Hexaware - Honeywell - HP - HPCL - HSBC - Huawei - Hughes - IBM - IBS - ICICI - iGate - Impetus - iNautix - Indian Airforce - Indian Airlines - Infosys - Infotech - Intec - Integra - Intergraph - IOCL - iSOFT - ISRO - Ittiam - JSW - Keane - Kenexa - L & T - L & T Infotech - LG Soft - Lifetree - LionBridge - Mahindra Satyam - Mastek - Maveric - McAfee - MECON - Microsoft - MindTree - Miraclesoft - Mistral - Motorola - Mphasis - MTNL - NIC - Nokia Siemens - Novell - NTPC - Nucleus - ORACLE - Patni - Perot - Polaris - Ramco - Robert Bosch - Samsung - SAP - Sapient - Sasken - SBI - Sierra Atlantic - Sonata - Sony India - Sutherland - Syntel - TCS - Tech Mahindra - VeriFone - Virtusa - Wipro - Zensar.